2024 Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: Will be offered in Fall
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Follow Harvest Stewardship and always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when collecting wild ginseng roots.
  • Page:

TOPIC: This evening stroll 786grams wet

This evening stroll 786grams wet 9 years 6 months ago #32100

Got out for 3 1/2 hours this evening and put down another 1/2lbs of seed while digging another 786 grams of root. When they are so bright yellow as they are now it's almost to easy spotting them. I was pointing plants out to my son that were a good 150-200 feet away easily.
Todays haul.
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:This evening stroll 786grams wet 9 years 6 months ago #32111

now that's a good day!! very nice root. I do see a FEW that are 3-4- yrs.. old, i would have left them mature, just saying? some very nice root though!

Re:This evening stroll 786grams wet 9 years 6 months ago #32116

Vermontshang wrote:

now that's a good day!! very nice root. I do see a FEW that are 3-4- yrs.. old, i would have left them mature, just saying? some very nice root though!

Thanks, its easy to have a good day when they go all yellow. There are maybe a 1/2 dozen 6-10 year old that had no plant showing that were damaged digging a larger plant. If you see something you think is 3-4 years old then your only seeing part of a neck or its broken part of the neck off in my bag or during the wash as there's nothing in the pile younger than 10 years old.

Re:This evening stroll 786grams wet 9 years 6 months ago #32156

bottom left corner I would really like to see that root with the long root neck. It looks very interesting.

Re:This evening stroll 786grams wet 9 years 6 months ago #32171

LJ125 wrote:

bottom left corner I would really like to see that root with the long root neck. It looks very interesting.

Its currently in my warehouse on the drying screens right now with all the rest, if I can determine which root your talking about from those in the last 3-4 days that are in that most recent section of screens it would be in I'll try to get a pic. I could literally take 100's&100's of pics every year on unique extremely old root with some really interesting necks. I'd say about 15% this year were in the 5-7\" neck range, 35% 3-4\", 40% 1\"-2\" necks and maybe 10% 1/2\"-1\" necks. I love the ones with a few roots on 1 neck and the neck snakes in and out of the root.

Re:This evening stroll 786grams wet 9 years 6 months ago #32229

LJ125 wrote:

Wasn't sure which 1 it was that caught your eye but here's several from that batch. Hope I grabbed 1 of the right ones as I could have grabbed several more piles of the same off the drying boards.
Attachments:

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.125 seconds

Who's Online

We have 187 guests and no members online

Login