2024 Summer/Fall Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Pre-orders accepted for pre-set shipping dates
* Ginseng Rootlets: Pre-orders accepted for fall shipment in October
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Follow Harvest Stewardship and always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when collecting wild ginseng roots.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Well here you go.

Re:Well here you go. 13 years 8 months ago #5327

• Billy
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
  • Billy Taylor from Bell County Ky
SHROOMY wrote:

Billy I'm glad you got a kick out of the photos. Here are a few more from today and I hope they bring a smile to your face.

Here is a shot of the area I was telling you about. Look at the trees =).

I decided to hit a new area of woods after taking that photo for you. I had started up a steep ridge and spotted a few nice 4 prongs, after digging them I glanced up the very sheer hillside and figured I would give it a shot. You know how I'm always looking for those mother plants. Well I get near the top of the ridge and have only dug a few plants here and there. As I started to turn to give up and head for greener pastures I spot a few more 4 prongs, dig them and then look to my left and about fell back down the hill. This is what I saw!!!

The photo does not do it justice, many plants without leaves, and some out of the frame. But there were over 40 mature 3 and 4 prong plants in this group!!

The days take minus what my buddy dug. Not bad 5 hours of digging. Over 2 lbs. wet! I may make the goal we talked about, and surpass what you predicted =)

Alright my friend yes sir thats what im talking about congrats thas a great haul shroomy.I`m thinking you sure enough may surpass the thought :)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Well here you go. 13 years 8 months ago #5330

What a haul Shroomy!

Re:Well here you go. 13 years 8 months ago #5335

Guys I'm having a great time. I did good again today, but got nailed by a wasp while digging a mother plant and some of her offspring. It only hurt for a second and was well worth it. Look at the seed cluster on this plant!

I dug 8 or so BIG plants today. Here is one of the other ones

I spotted a small group of diggers, squatted down to dig them and noticed this little guy laying in the leaf litter. Don't see many here so I took a photo and then released it.

Total for today, just over 2 pounds.

Re:Well here you go. 13 years 7 months ago #5656

Hey Billy, I have passed your predictions on the weight. I am HOPING to dig some more but it is starting to look pretty bad. I am finding green plants still, but far more brown/yellow plants, and some with just stems. I fear season is coming to a quick end. Get ahold of me man, I have some photos to share with you, and would like to talk to you about a couple things. Take care and have a good one!

Re:Well here you go. 13 years 7 months ago #5658

• Billy
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
  • Billy Taylor from Bell County Ky
Hey Shroomy way to go man thats awsome,what a place that has turned out to be :) I have some good news my leg has improved enough for me to get back in the Mountians and I went to a very good area that I had waited on for 3 years.I had to take it easy because my little brother David insisted or he wouldnt go with me lol,so I did and we had a great time and some great digs over 8 pound in three hauls,so after the long drought all is well and I thank the good Lord for that.

I am very happy that you not only reatch your best harvest season to date but that yoy surpassed the exspectations of the season wow thats great man,I am still goping to dig as hard as possible to reach my goal but with the 2 weeks off it will be diifucult we will see.........

Check out thath thread seng in ky 20210 it has alot of the past few days.

Talk yo you later.

Re:Well here you go. 13 years 7 months ago #5664

Shroomy, looks like you're having an awesome year! You sure have found some very very nice seng.

Re:Well here you go. 13 years 7 months ago #5665

nice ones shroomy

Re:Well here you go. 13 years 7 months ago #5880

Thanks guys. I'm really enjoying the time I get in the woods.

It looks like you guys are digging some great roots!

Good luck to you guys and have fun.

Re:Well here you go. 13 years 5 months ago #7920

Hey Shroomy,
It's Latt. Great pics!!! You are a better Sang hunter than Mushroom hunter and that's saying a lot! lol
Thanks,
Latt

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.094 seconds

Who's Online

We have 194 guests and no members online

Login