2024 Summer/Fall Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Pre-orders accepted for pre-set shipping dates
* Ginseng Rootlets: Pre-orders accepted for fall shipment in October
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Follow Harvest Stewardship and always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when collecting wild ginseng roots.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Boot Recommendations

Boot Recommendations 13 years 7 months ago #5850

I'm already getting asked by some relatives what I a want for Christmas, and I would really like a new pair of boots to go ginseng hunting in (I would also wear them around the farm some too). I wear a Wolverine work boot most days, but they're really heavy and my feet start to hurt after a couple of hours. The one thing I like about them is that a copperhead wouldn't be able to bite through them if I ran across one. Does anyone out there have an opinion on a really good and comfortable boot?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Boot Recommendations 13 years 7 months ago #5859

hi tec waterproofs!! they are super cool and not that expensive...

Re:Boot Recommendations 13 years 7 months ago #5862

I have used and destroyed several kinds and brands of boots. The pair used this year where the redhead lace up snake proof 15 inch from bottom of sole to top of shank. Pretty bad ass boot. They only lasted me 2 seasons but I hunt rough steep country and hunt hard. They give me the support and stability I need. I have used the shorter boots and they just dont cut it. I will be buying a better brand this winter since the redhead just didnt hold up. Buy snake proof boots, I know where good sang grows and that kind of country grows the finest biggest copperheads I have ever run onto, and the occasional rattler. There you go. By the way I destroyed those boots today, but dug 4.3 lbs, well worth it. I will have a new pair monday.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.070 seconds

Who's Online

We have 362 guests and no members online

Login