2024 Summer/Fall Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Pre-orders accepted for pre-set shipping dates
* Ginseng Rootlets: Pre-orders accepted for fall shipment in October
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Follow Harvest Stewardship and always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when collecting wild ginseng roots.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Hey Billy

Hey Billy 13 years 7 months ago #5878

I had one of my best trips out this year yesterday! The season is almost over and it was hard spotting stems, but still did well. I dug just over 1 1/2 lbs. wet in 3 hours! Very few green/yellow plants, some holding brown leaves, and many more just stems lying on the ground. I did find some BIG mother plants though and you know how that makes me feel =). Here is one of the mother plants I dug.

Here are some of the better roots I dug. I sure do enjoy starting to dig and see those big ole necks and wonder what is laying under the ground!

Here is what I dug yesterday along with part of what I have dug so far this season.

I will try to catch you on the other site soon, I'd like to talk to you about a few things.

What are your predictions on prices? It looks like the market is doing well from what I have seen. You take care and have a good one man.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Hey Billy 13 years 7 months ago #5898

• Billy
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
  • Billy Taylor from Bell County Ky
Congrats shroomy another great dig indeed.

As I just posted on Tn`s thread the seng is falling fast this year from Ill,to Tn,,and my guys are telling me here as well in Ky,,so it is going to be a short digging season..

I would have to say that I think the price will continue to rise slowly for 2 to 3 more weeks,,and then the bidding war for dry seng will begin....and I do think it will top $500:00 in November some time.

Do not hold me to that as the market is hard to understand,but with a early season out,,,,there will not be as much seng available late,,,that means i am probably rite.

Talk to you soon bro..

Billy.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.069 seconds

Who's Online

We have 638 guests and no members online

Login