2024 Summer/Fall Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Pre-orders accepted for pre-set shipping dates
* Ginseng Rootlets: Pre-orders accepted for fall shipment in October
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Follow Harvest Stewardship and always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when collecting wild ginseng roots.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Billy

Billy 13 years 7 months ago #5917

Hey billy, I saw your post on pricing of seng and Thought that was great of you to post on here. I've always knew what I thought was a good root and have picked up a little more insight along the way, But I still dont' have a good idea of what the chineese consider a true manroot or emporers root. Do the arms have to come directly off the mainroot or can they grow off the curl? I don't know if you have direct knowledge of this, but I am sure you have more knowledge of the grading system than what I do. I posted a pic the other day of one in question under general ginseng Q & A. Thanks for any info you can share.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Billy 13 years 7 months ago #5924

• Billy
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
  • Billy Taylor from Bell County Ky

The man root --- emperors root

Is a ginseng root that is in the near perfect look or shape of a naked man....

The curl imatates the head of a man

The body of the root represents the chest and waist area of a man

The small ofsetting roots are important,,they have got to be in the shape of 2 arms 2 legs and most of all imprtant to the market is the male orgen of the man coming between the two legs of the root

If you find one like that in the wild then you can make good money from it,thy have reported that one sold for 10,000 dollors on the Chines market a few years ago.....

This is the best picture of one i can find and notice that the root is mainly straight except for the off branches,,that is key also to the root being one they would want.......

This root is perfect except for it is missing the male organ between the legs,,if this root would have had it,,then it would have sold for sevrall thousand dollors.

Attachments:

Re:Billy 13 years 7 months ago #5933

Thanks for the info Billy, I am now wondering if I were to ever find a perfect root like that would I be better of trying to sell it green, oro dry, or would it really matter?

Re:Billy 13 years 7 months ago #5935

Billy, you know where I can find a buyer for the root in my avatar picture?

Re:Billy 13 years 7 months ago #5940

• Billy
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
Green for sure 5

Re:Billy 13 years 7 months ago #5941

• Billy
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
billygoat unfortunatly I have never found one good enough to try and look into moving one,but I will make a few calls for you and see if I can get any kind of a lead.

Re:Billy 13 years 7 months ago #5986

Hey thanks Billy, I sure do appreciate all the info. I've never really thought about this too much, and really wouldn't know who to contact if I did find one like this, but it is always good to have a better understanding of this. Thanks again.

Re:Billy 13 years 6 months ago #7739

I think this is an emperor root, what do you think?

Re:Man Root 13 years 6 months ago #7741

I had spoke with an expert in person about this topic as I found my first Man Root. It has all the parts including the male part. It has one leg that is thicker than the other leg so we put it back in the ground to grow some more. We are taking a chance that a limb could die off or get eaten by a mole or mouse but I think it will be better in a few years possibly. Back to the expert that I talked with when I was visiting his woods grown ginseng farm. He said he believes it is best to preserve the root in a nice bottle or jar filled with vodka or moonshine. He has one of the best \"Man Roots\" I have ever seen and it is one of the best ones with a pic posted on the internet. He is in no hurry to sell it and I got to hold it and observe it in the jar. He dug it a few years back and it still looks fresh. He said this is the way the buyers want to buy it when they do buy one. Here is a pic of the \"Man Root\" I found. I hope I post the pic correctly. If not I will try again.
Thanks,
Latt
Attachments:

Re:Billy 13 years 6 months ago #7742

• Billy
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
I think it is a good manroot

• Page: