2024 Summer/Fall Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Pre-orders accepted for pre-set shipping dates
* Ginseng Rootlets: Pre-orders accepted for fall shipment in October
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Follow Harvest Stewardship and always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when collecting wild ginseng roots.
  • Page:

TOPIC: End of a Good Seson

End of a Good Seson 13 years 7 months ago #5927

Hey guys just wanted to start a thread to see how many of you guys thought how much longer season is going to last. I know me and terry started yesterday in a pretty good holler we were their for probably an hour and we had already fount about fifty bunches needless to say we got called out to work to a forest fire. Anyways a lot of the seng was dead and i mean dead. you had to be careful when holding a plant because it would just fall apart. And we were also in a damp Poplar grove hollow. But also i did find some big ol three and four prongs that were still green. Also here right now in east ky it is raining and is suppose to for the next two or three days. Good for the fires but i am afraid not so good for the seng. Me and Terry said that we believe this week will just about due it in. Just wanted everyone else's opinion.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:End of a Good Seson 13 years 7 months ago #5930

Hillbilly,

I saw the same as you yesterday here in Middle Tennessee where many plants were laying down, prongs missing, leaves missing, yellow and just about gone.

A good rain on plants like that and they will be beat down and just about impossible to find.

We did find a few others that were still looking fairly well though and looked like they might still be there for a few more weeks.

I have a day off tomorrow and going to hunt, then I have the entire week off Oct 4-8 (kids out on fall break) and I am going to spend some time with them but may also get in a hunt that week and past that I have some serious doubts about.

We might be able to find some still standing after that, but no doubt a lot of em will be down and too far gone to find by then.

One nice thing about hunting them late like this is you get to see some of those bueatiful yellow ones - man they are sweet looking.

Best of luck to you all here at the end of the season !

TNhunter

Re:End of a Good Seson 13 years 7 months ago #5932

I agree with you TNhunter. Also good luck to you and the rest of the season.

Re:End of a Good Seson 13 years 7 months ago #5943

• Billy
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
  • Billy Taylor from Bell County Ky
My guess is around 3 to 4 wekks tops over this way guys,but I havent got to see any thing but photos in the last week to go by,,but thats what it looks like to me,Tuesday am goign to go out with the boys to 1 easy spot that I have some seng and look at it and see and then i will no for sure...

Re:End of a Good Seson 13 years 7 months ago #5958

My season is over. I went out Friday and only found about six nice sized roots in about two hours. I ended up replanting those on my way back to the truck. I have all my ginseng stuff packed away and stacked neatly and have Sept. 1 2011 marked on my calendar.

Re:End of a Good Seson 13 years 7 months ago #6015

Went Monday and found 26 oz. I was only finding it in the very bottom of the hollers.I think most of it on the hillsides are gone around here,at least in some places.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.085 seconds

Who's Online

We have 140 guests and no members online

Login