2024 Summer/Fall Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Pre-orders accepted for pre-set shipping dates
* Ginseng Rootlets: Pre-orders accepted for fall shipment in October
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Follow Harvest Stewardship and always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when collecting wild ginseng roots.
  • Page:

TOPIC: non-resident permits?

non-resident permits? 13 years 7 months ago #5985

hey guys i was wondering do any of the states that issue special permits for state or public ground allow non residents to purchase one or do you have to live in said state? thanks in advance for any input

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:non-resident permits? 13 years 7 months ago #5989

I'm really not sure of the answer to this. What I do know is that what you dig in Ohio must be sold to a lisenced Ohio ginseng dealer. I don't know about the other states though.

Re:non-resident permits? 13 years 7 months ago #6020

i have never looked at the laws but i was always told if you wanted to take it across state lines it had to be certified first but like i said i never looked into it

Re:non-resident permits? 13 years 7 months ago #6030

Ruter

Here is a site that Kyjabber posted. Just click on the state your interested in and it comes up with the regulations for that state.

www.ahpa.org/Default.aspx?tabid=154

classicfur

Re:non-resident permits? 13 years 7 months ago #6039

Ruter,

You are mostly correct. The rules vary state to state. For instance, one state may say you may leave with it and have x number of days to certify the root (as a dealer), but the state you are entering may not allow that root in without a certificate from the state of origin.

To be safe, you should have it certified for export prior to leaving the state of origin and most states only work on the dealer level for that process.

Re:non-resident permits? 13 years 7 months ago #6047

hey thanks for the info guys and i figured they couldnt just make it easy gotta keep everything different from everywhere else keepin it simple would just be no fun i guess

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.089 seconds

Who's Online

We have 349 guests and no members online

Login