2024 Summer/Fall Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Pre-orders accepted for pre-set shipping dates
* Ginseng Rootlets: Pre-orders accepted for fall shipment in October
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Follow Harvest Stewardship and always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when collecting wild ginseng roots.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Ginseng Hunt 9/27/2010 - 14 part video by TNhunter

Ginseng Hunt 9/27/2010 - 14 part video by TNhunter 13 years 7 months ago #6002

Hey Guys,

I went seng hunting again yesterday and took my daughters ipod-nano and made several short video clips during the hunt.

I tried to make several of them view as if you were on the hunt yourself, taking a slow approach up to where I found some seng so you could sort of hunt along with me.

Will not be long now until it is gone (until next year) and I wanted to have something to look back on and have some good memories of a seng hunt this season.

PS - I figured out after I uploaded to youtube that I was holding that little nano the wrong way and that made the video display smaller than ideal when viewing on youtube (looks great on my PC).

Think I may take my ginseng profits from this year and buy me a nice little digital video recorder (something big enough for my hands).

I have not finished uploading the entire hunt yet but will try to get that done this evening or as soon as I can.

Below are a couple links to parts where I found and dug a 4 prong. If you go to my channel you can watch the other parts that I have uploaded.

Enjoy a little seng hunting via video !

TNhunter

www.youtube.com/user/YTTNhunter#p/a/u/1/NiZiUFxuPc0

www.youtube.com/user/YTTNhunter#p/a/u/0/w7ttISMmG18

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Ginseng Hunt 9/27/2010 - 14 part video by TNhunter 13 years 7 months ago #6010

Very nice videos TN, I watched them all. Almost like being there myself.

Re:Ginseng Hunt 9/27/2010 - 14 part video by TNhunter 13 years 7 months ago #6019

TNhunter, those are some good videos. looks like you have a really good place to plant your seeds this fall.Open woods like that sure are nice.

Re:Ginseng Hunt 9/27/2010 - 14 part video by TNhunter 13 years 7 months ago #6033

• Billy
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
  • Billy Taylor from Bell County Ky
I enjoyed the videos tn thankls for sharing.

Re:Ginseng Hunt 9/27/2010 - 14 part video by TNhunter 13 years 7 months ago #6065

Been very busy the past couple days.

I finally got around to uploading the last video in that Sept 27 Ginseng Hunt string.

This one is \"The End\" and it shows the roots I collected and my ginseng seed producing bed.

Glad you guys enjoyed the video's.

TNhunter

Re:Ginseng Hunt 9/27/2010 - 14 part video by TNhunter 13 years 7 months ago #6093

pretty cool vids, makes it seem real and points out good stuff,The only things missing is the slipping on wet sticks under the leaves (Falling down), wiping out on the rocks after sliding down a slope (falling down) and the mud on your face and everything else after a hard unexpected shower. And still maybe falling down. Please tell me that not only one that falls down once in awhile. LOL.

Re:Ginseng Hunt 9/27/2010 - 14 part video by TNhunter 13 years 7 months ago #6106

Hey Billygoat,

Man when it is wet in the woods - you are hunting on those rainey days or after a good rain - and you step on a stick or root under the leaves a bit.

Woop-Bang !

Before you know it you are on the ground.

I know exactly what you mean about that - been there many a time.

On my Monday hunt I stepped over a sink hole to a bank and stood there looking down the hill a bit and there was a yellow jacket nest just a few feet from where I was standing.

I had on a short sleve shirt and one of them went right up my sleve and got me under the arm. I had 2-3 more on my pants leg but knocked them off while runing like a scalded dog down the hill.

Another time this year I was walking along and looking real hard on the ground and noticed something dead ahead and looked up and there was a hornets nest about 20' from my face and just above my head. 4-5 of them already had their eyes on me and seemed to be saying - just take one more step buddy and we are going to get you good.

I backed up real slow and managed to avoid that disaster.

You are right - you can sure get into some messes out there in the woods.

TNhunter

Re:Ginseng Hunt 9/27/2010 - 14 part video by TNhunter 13 years 7 months ago #6178

• Billy
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
  • Billy Taylor from Bell County Ky
Guys I`ll tell you if I had a dollor for every time ive slipt,fell,stumbled over a rock.log,vine,etc I could buy me a new computer :o)

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.097 seconds

Who's Online

We have 258 guests and no members online

Login