2024 Summer/Fall Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Pre-orders accepted for pre-set shipping dates
* Ginseng Rootlets: Pre-orders accepted for fall shipment in October
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Follow Harvest Stewardship and always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when collecting wild ginseng roots.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Tnhunter

Tnhunter 13 years 7 months ago #6063

• Billy
  • Billy's Avatar Topic Author
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
  • Billy Taylor from Bell County Ky
Tnhunter,Guys,

Ginseng Season Open In Ky 2010 has an update,check out two of your future seed bed roots.Two down 3 to go...

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Tnhunter 13 years 7 months ago #6064

Hey Billy,

Now those are some nice looking roots.

I am uploaing one more vid to youtube showing the roots I collected Monday for putting in my seed bed.

That little nano video thing ran out of battery just about the time I started finding some decent seng (just after I dug that 4 prong).

I ended up with 24 decent roots but now they are not anywhere near the size of those you are showing.

I can see my seed bed now (next spring) with a few big nice MONSTER seng plants mixed in with my smaller local seng root plants.

Like I said - hopefully some of that Mountain seng will rub off on my local stuff and make some better seng via the berries I produce there.

Again THANKS for working with me on this project !

Edit and add - Hey that Youtub vid just finished uploading and here is the link to it.

Billy - you are the \"somebody else\" I mentioned in the vid.

TNhunter

Re:Tnhunter 13 years 7 months ago #6083

• Billy
  • Billy's Avatar Topic Author
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
  • Billy Taylor from Bell County Ky
Im glad you like those 2 roots Tn

I got your other three today

I remembered a holler that I had once went to some time ago also I remembered digging some very good roots there.There was an area that I marked that I had not got to check yet over on the N.E slope I couldnt get it off of my mind.So I told the boys it is not time to dig that holler,but there is an area there that may be worth the trip.It is a 2 hour trip in there and a 2 hour trip out and thats just to get to the spot,,I like em like that :) my favorite spots.

Well once there I was not over the Mountian more that 40 yards and I found your 3rd root,,I had a great day,,I also through the day found your other 2 roots....The boys done good to we left with 2 pound`s 6 1/2 ounces.

I am going to load the pictures on the Ky 2010 thread,,,

Send me a e-mail Tn I forgot to save yours.....

I have these in good soil and want to get them out right away........

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.068 seconds

Who's Online

We have 115 guests and no members online

Login