2024 Summer/Fall Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Pre-orders accepted for pre-set shipping dates
* Ginseng Rootlets: Pre-orders accepted for fall shipment in October
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Follow Harvest Stewardship and always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when collecting wild ginseng roots.
  • Page:

TOPIC: last hunt of the year..

last hunt of the year.. 13 years 7 months ago #6246

manage 21 ounces today..no green ones, no berries left..mostly stems and dried up leaves..cant complain [other than it was a darn short season here ...just about 25 days since season came in here]..will have near 10 pounds of dry..won't go out again till next year..will be watching the prices hoping they go through the roof..

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:last hunt of the year.. 13 years 7 months ago #6248

Chieftan,

Congrats on a good year.

I have not weighed mine yet and a lot of the nicer roots I have dug the last 2-3 trips I have planted in my seed producing bed.

Our seng here is just about done to. It has really gone down hill quickly here the past week. In the past 5-6 weeks I think we have had about 1/4 inch of rain - very bad dry here.

I am with you on that price - the higher the better.

TNhunter

Re:last hunt of the year.. 13 years 7 months ago #6249

TN.I say I got close to 10 pounds but I still have 30 to 40 % to dry down ..some are my biggest roots so I hope they weigh heavy..I hope every seed you planted germinates in to a root...been awful dry here too ..ours here, like yours has really went fast in the last week to 10 days..just dried up ..lots of wind ..didnt see but 10 or 12 plants today still standing ..most layed over and burnt down ..have had frost here the last 3 nights..

Re:last hunt of the year.. 13 years 7 months ago #6254

• Billy
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
  • Billy Taylor from Bell County Ky
Chieftain good dig especialy seeing that they where fell and you had to realy look close for them.Congrats my friend on another good year.

I am thinking that the Mountian people have about or around 2 weeks left tops.
Thenit will be gone here as well.

I believe that I will have the 10 lb after all this season.

In the past 5 days all but today I have been able to go and I will get to go back tomorrow.

I will most likely call it a season in 3 to 4 more hunts even if it is still standing that should put me at my yearly goal or a little over.

G/L in the stands hope you kill a monster this season,,by the way,hows that step son doing is he hopeing to kill a giant this year ?

Billy.

Re:last hunt of the year.. 13 years 7 months ago #6260

stepson is hunting,seen some bucks but nothing to big yet.hope you have a good day tomorrow billy...hope you and the boys get out and get some hunting done..

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.077 seconds

Who's Online

We have 510 guests and no members online

Login