2024 Summer/Fall Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Pre-orders accepted for pre-set shipping dates
* Ginseng Rootlets: Pre-orders accepted for fall shipment in October
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Follow Harvest Stewardship and always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when collecting wild ginseng roots.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Another Seng Hunt this morning - more video's - nice 4 and another with 2 tops.

Another Seng Hunt this morning - more video's - nice 4 and another with 2 tops. 13 years 7 months ago #6247

Hey Guys,

I got out again this morning and did a short hunt.

Back on 9/3 when I found those big fat roots down on that bluff I hunted thru about a 50 yard section of that bluff just looking near the bottom (it was steep and hard to get up) so I just went real slow and looked up best I could. But then on around that bluff I found a 3 prong part way up the bluff and went on up and found all of those nice plants with big fat roots.

Well ever since that day I have been wondering about that 50 yard section that I did not billygoat up there and check out real good. So this morning I took another hike down to that bluff just to check out that area and well it paid off nicely.

I found a few more nice fat roots and a nice Yellow 4 prong.

I found one that had 2 tops (2 - 3 prong tops off the same root).

The first one I found on the way down to the bluff only had one prong left, and the leaves were yellow in the middle but still green around the edges. It had a big old cluster of red berries still hanging on.

When I dug it up, I always dig a big circle around to make sure I don't damage the roots and when I did that I found 3 other roots within that circle that the tops had already left from.

I did a little more video'n and uploaded to youtube.

8 Parts - links below.

PS - As you will see in the video's our seng her in Middle TN is just about gone.

TNhunter

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Another Seng Hunt this morning - more video's - nice 4 and another with 2 tops. 13 years 7 months ago #6266

• Billy
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
  • Billy Taylor from Bell County Ky
Tn,

Congrats on a good day and im glad that your seed bed is coming together nicely for you.I would have to agree with you that it will be gone before long there for sure.Congrats also on a great season and t/f/sharing it with me....

Billy.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.085 seconds

Who's Online

We have 555 guests and no members online

Login