2024 Summer/Fall Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Pre-orders accepted for pre-set shipping dates
* Ginseng Rootlets: Pre-orders accepted for fall shipment in October
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Follow Harvest Stewardship and always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when collecting wild ginseng roots.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Afew pic.'s from the woods this morning..

Re:Afew pic.'s from the woods this morning.. 13 years 7 months ago #6513

TNhunter,

When I get my seed I keep it in the fridge in a ziplock bag. Put a couple drops of water in the bag every couple days and also open the bag to let it air out a little,stirring the seeds.Just try to keep an eye on them so they dont get too dry,but of course not too wet either.

Hope this helps, Lenno

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Afew pic.'s from the woods this morning.. 13 years 7 months ago #6517

Wisconsin seed availability.

In the News letter I recieved from Hsu's Ginseng in Wisconsin. Hsu said:

\"This year will be another entry in the history books for ginseng, with the recent natural disaster of over 4\" of heavy, wet snow that blanketed us on Mother's Day weekend that brought the ginseng growers of north central Wisconsin to their knees; this is only the second such storm in the past 108 years of Wisconsin Ginseng Growing. This resulted in a large amount of the ginseng in our area being damaged or lost. This will be affecting the price and availability of seeds in the next few years.\"

He also urged everyone to buy their seeds early.

I always try to place my order for seeds by August 1. And have them ship the first week of Oct.

You should treat your seeds if you purchase seeds from a Cultivated Ginseng Farm. And plant after a Good Rain.

classicfur

Re:Afew pic.'s from the woods this morning.. 13 years 7 months ago #6520

thanks for the imfo,fur..going to go crappie fishing today..got a couple of hollers to look in come mid day..by then most of the bowhunters are in having lunch.

Re:Afew pic.'s from the woods this morning.. 13 years 7 months ago #6534

Hope you had your usual good luck chief...lol
I just hope you left alittle for next year.
Next year if you need any help digging or just hauling it out just give me a call.... For a small percentage of coarse...lol

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.072 seconds

Who's Online

We have 217 guests and no members online

Login