2024 Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: Will be offered in Fall
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: NEWCOMER NEEDS STUPID QUESTION ANSWERED

NEWCOMER NEEDS STUPID QUESTION ANSWERED 12 years 7 months ago #12854

I ordered 2 pounds of stratified seed. I just received them in the mail. The problem----none of the seeds are actually split open. Otherwise, they look good and have embryos inside. Very few of them float and they have a nice dark color. SHOULD I BE WORRIED? DID SOMEONE SELL ME GREEN SEEDS, OR IS IT STILL A BIT EARLY FOR STRATIFIED SEEDS TO \"CRACK OPEN\"?????

I APPRECIATE ANY HELPFUL ADVICE THAT COMES MY WAY!!

GOD BLESS AMERICA,

ROACHY:)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:NEWCOMER NEEDS STUPID QUESTION ANSWERED 12 years 7 months ago #12856

In my opinion I would be glad that none of them are split open this early in the game. If the embryos look good I would think you have some good seed, Secondly, if not many float that is great. Typically floaters are dead seed. As far as the seeds being dark it is because of how they were stratified. Some stratify in coarse sand, some in a mixture of coarse sand and composted organic material and some straight organic compost. I think the darker the seed hull or shell the more the likely hood they were stratified in a mix of coarse sand and organic matter. I have bought seed that has very dark husk or shell and they did great. I bet I could tell you which supplier you have bought from but I do not want to ask on line.
Please read up on how to plant them if you have never done it before. I wish you the best.
Latt

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.066 seconds

Who's Online

We have 306 guests and no members online

Login