2024 Summer/Fall Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Pre-orders accepted for pre-set shipping dates
* Ginseng Rootlets: Pre-orders accepted for fall shipment in October
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: medicinal seed catalog

medicinal seed catalog 12 years 7 months ago #13553

Guys, I was wondering if any of you could give me some names or web add. for any type of catalogs that sell other types of medicinal seeds for cultivation besides just seng. The google search I did would have been fine if I was only intersted in buying seed for medical maryjane lol I was just curious as to what else is out there to start growing for the future! thanks a bunch also just an update I had posted on here a few days back that 5 pronger took me out on my pondaroesa and was able to find a small patch of very young plants. I went back a few days later and was able to find a few more plants in that area with a few still having berries on them I was able to pick through the leaves and find dropped seeds thus planting what I picked and scrounged. This being my first time I can truely say it was exhilerating now I get to hurry up and wait but at least I got some plants I can study and watch grow thanks again 5pronger!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:medicinal seed catalog 12 years 7 months ago #13629

I dont know of any catalogs, but what I have done is contact a botanical and medicinal root dealer. The one go to is Mr.Dove in petersburg, wv. I am in berkeley county (eastern panhandle) and I spend a couple days a week in the woods digging roots. I have not found any seng yet, been digging for about 3 yrs now. If they deal in the root buisness they will usally have list of what they buy and what they pay per pound. This is in my area- black cohosh goes for just under 4.00 a pound, goldenseal-20.00 per pound- 3.00 a pound for tops, star grass (unicorn root) is at 15.00, bloodroot is at 7.00 per pound,Virginia snake root is at 50.00 per pound. What I am doing to ordering seeds and rootlets from several different places and growing my own to sell seed stock, rootlets and when the plants get older, dig them and sell the roots. I am also ordering ginseng ( of course) rootlets and seeds. I found 100 1yr old rootlets for 25.00. I have a good area right behind my house on a nice hillside that I can plant on.
The easy way that I found is to search for the roots or seeds that you want to plant. E bay is pretty good place to search. But you can also search for \"black cohosh seeds\" you will find suppliers of seeds and roots. I dont expect to make living from this, but just to add to my income some. I found a pound of 8 to 10 yr. old goldenseal roots for 25.00. These I can cut into halfs or thirds and double or triple my plants in one year. Just do some research on who you buy your seeds or rootlets from to make sure that they are a reputable dealer and you dont get the \"wrong\" end of the stick, so to say. I figure that within the next 5 yrs I will be able to start digging some of what I plant to sell. I plan on selling to the people who buy from the guys who buy from us. If we get say 3.00 a pound for wild yams, then the people who we sell to are probobly getting closer to 5.00 a pound when they sell to there buyers. Hope this helps with what you are trying to accomplish.
Good Luck.

Re:medicinal seed catalog 12 years 7 months ago #13643

Re:medicinal seed catalog 12 years 7 months ago #13676

hey, thanks guys! pretty sweet looking catalog jughead.

Re:medicinal seed catalog 12 years 7 months ago #13683

• BFB
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • North Central, WV
cpdunit1:

Try this one: www.shadeflowers.com

I believe it is all roots/rhizomes, but a nice selection, with a guarentee.

Re:medicinal seed catalog 12 years 7 months ago #13703

hey thanks thats a pretty good site!

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.083 seconds

Who's Online

We have 209 guests and no members online

Login