2024 Summer/Fall Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Pre-orders accepted for pre-set shipping dates
* Ginseng Rootlets: Pre-orders accepted for fall shipment in October
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: any diggers eat their ginseng?

any diggers eat their ginseng? 12 years 7 months ago #13566

i do, i like the immediate effects of it, actually im hooked on it, i have stock piled pounds of them in the freezer to last till next season

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:any diggers eat their ginseng? 12 years 7 months ago #13572

I chew on a Slice now and then when I dig a Small one.I usual take part of one to my friend and share it with him and his Son.I usually just stick to the korean type in capsules at the dollar store.

Re:any diggers eat their ginseng? 12 years 7 months ago #13578

I eat a little everyday. About the size of a dime thickness wise and width.
I chew mine up and swallow it. Some make tea which is fine. I just prefer to take the way I do and it chews up just fine after about 2 or 3 seconds. Its easier to slice when it is fresh than when it is dried. I would not eat more than what i have described on a daily basis. You can cut it back to half a dime size if you intend on taking it everyday long term.
Latt

Re:any diggers eat their ginseng? 12 years 7 months ago #13581

I have 2-3 slices of my own wild root with coffee or green tea 3-4 times a week usually.

Some times I take it plain, just root slices or chips or the root hairs.

If you slice the green root real thin, it sort of makes like chips that are real easy to chew up. They sort of melt in your mouth.

I kept a few whole roots this year that I will just sort of break up and eat over the winter and into spring.

I like to keep the small roots that have good age to them.

Below is a pic of a few keepers I put back this year.

TNhunter

Attachments:

Re:any diggers eat their ginseng? 12 years 7 months ago #13582

And below is a pic of a couple of nice roots I found this year. Both had two tops (two 3 prong tops).

Lots of root hairs that will eventually make it into my coffee or tea no doubt :-)

TNhunter

Attachments:

Re:any diggers eat their ginseng? 12 years 7 months ago #13590

yep tn hunter, you can tell a big difference between a young root to a old one, bittersweetness wise. i like to eat them fresh out the soil, so ive put some in the ground and most in freezer. wild ginseng roots are very resiliant to temperature, i replanted a old root that was in my fridge for over a week and decided to bury it,and it poped out 3 pronger next spring,but it was a 4 pronger in the wild

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.084 seconds

Who's Online

We have 365 guests and no members online

Login