• Page:

TOPIC: Canadians interested in ginseng

Canadians interested in ginseng 12 years 6 months ago #14755

• Guy
  • Guy's Avatar Topic Author
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • BSMGinseng.com
Hello everyone; I'm interested in hearing from Canadians interested in growing, digging, consuming or just interested in wild ginseng.
Hey maybe we could get our own forum here.

guy

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Canadians interested in ginseng 12 years 6 months ago #15403

• magz88
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
I have just become interested in the past few weeks when I was looking into understory crops. I like the idea of nurturing something that is endangered. I live in Ontario.

Re:Canadians interested in ginseng 12 years 6 months ago #15439

• Guy
  • Guy's Avatar Topic Author
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • BSMGinseng.com
I'm in the south eastern area and have been at it since I can remember.bsmginseng is our site.
We plant under maple trees that were once used for syrup, the ministry of ag provided tons of info about it, ten years ago or so at the woodlot owners conferences and maple syrup producer meetings.Right now the laws for this are unclear, but afew years back I was told that as long as it is not grown with the name wild simulated attached then it would be ok to sell in Ontario. Woods grown or woods cultivated are the names you should use, these methods of planting require some form of cultivating that seems to be acceptable to our Provincial Scientific Authority.
Growing with the name wild simulated, you run into issues with CITIES, COSEWIC, SARS etc. \"growing in areas that they believe wild could grow\" Field cultivated is exempt of coarse because of the huge profit that the government makes in taxes. Field grown is grown were wild could grow, if they had not cut down the forests and cleared the land. So you can grow any style you like but remember to call it woods cultivated ginseng.

guy

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.062 seconds

Who's Online

We have 162 guests and no members online

Login