2024 Summer/Fall Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Pre-orders accepted for pre-set shipping dates
* Ginseng Rootlets: Pre-orders accepted for fall shipment in October
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: dealer attitudes/sang prices

dealer attitudes/sang prices 12 years 5 months ago #15954

Hey guys: I've been reading this forum for a while, This is my first year digging, my husband has dug it with his grandfather years ago....was glad when I took an interest..That said...I've learned alot just reading this blog...but need some guidance: not sure how much sang I have (havent weighed it). I'm in Dickson County and spoke with the only dealer I can find...his price..$400.00 lb. But was a smart@$$ and indicated that most of the sellers he buys from are Quote: \"from the lower end of society\"...kinda the attitude I think it was.. Mutt33 incountered. I'm open to suggestions:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:dealer attitudes/sang prices 12 years 5 months ago #15955

tnhillhugger1,

I am from southern middle TN and a couple of years ago after getting a list of all registered dealers in TN I called and talked to a dealer on the list from Dickson.

I bet we are talking about the same guy.

Me and my parter had about 10 pounds of good seng and we were price shopping.

He was a real jerk, and offered a low price and just talking to him he was sort of accusing me of having low quality stuff, or at least kept going on and on about how he could only pay the price he offered if it was the best quality, and not trashy, dirty, small stuff.

Anyway I got a real bad vibe from that guy and would never travel to Dickson to sell to him.

The best dealer in the Middle TN area I have found the past severl years is Glenn Bradey over in Pulaski TN.

His phone number is 931-363-4083

I talked to him a week or two ago and he was offering 450.00 then.

He is a older fellow, probably in his 70's and real nice.

Included the 2011 TN dealers list as a file below.

Good Luck !

TNhunter
Attachments:

Re:dealer attitudes/sang prices 12 years 5 months ago #15956

TN dealer list

Attachment DEALER_LIST_2011.doc not found

Attachments:

Re:dealer attitudes/sang prices 12 years 5 months ago #15958

TNhunter:

Sounds like the same guy, he used to work for the state and helped set up the regulations, etc. but he was ajerk to me! He also told me that he's pushing for diggers to have to buy a permit to even dig....one purpose is to fine the ones digging out of season, digging smaller than 3 prong, etc.....so he said.

Anyway, thanks so much for the info and for replying. I will check with Mr. Brady. I had already wrote his name and number down from reading this forum.

Thanks again!
Jane

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.071 seconds

Who's Online

We have 431 guests and no members online

Login