2024 Summer/Fall Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Pre-orders accepted for pre-set shipping dates
* Ginseng Rootlets: Pre-orders accepted for fall shipment in October
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: ebay? Posted in two sections, hope thats temp okay.

ebay? Posted in two sections, hope thats temp okay. 10 years 6 months ago #25428

I went to sell a dry pound in Illinois today, was up to 625.00 per pound. I however pulled out two of my bigger roots, and I was kind of wondering if it is okay to list them on ebay.

I know some other people have some listed, but didn't know if you need a special license to sell it online or what, specially across state lines.

My roots were 10.7 grams and 8.6 in the shape of a person. Are those even worth any extra? Kind of my first serious year selling so not sure. Thanks.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:ebay? Posted in two sections, hope thats temp okay. 10 years 6 months ago #25450

Welcome to the forum

\"man Roots\" are extremely valueable to the international community. If your roots have a man shape, and has the sexual organ as well, then you may indeed have something.

Perhaps if you posted a photo of them here, we could see.

Can' advise you about eBay. I get bent if I see on ebay a sale of roots that are clearly being offered out of season. Otherwise, I've never done it.

Re:ebay? Posted in two sections, hope thats temp okay. 10 years 6 months ago #25454

In the state of TN, before you can sell ginseng out of state, you have to have a dealers license (cost 250.00) and you have to have the ginseng roots you are selling out of state certified (no cost to this) but you have to go to someone that can certify the roots. For me that would mean a drive over to another county to visit a park ranger.

The cost of the dealers license would vary by state. Not sure how similar the certification process is from state to state.

TNhunter

Re:ebay? Posted in two sections, hope thats temp okay. 10 years 6 months ago #25455

Found the details below for Illinois...

----

dnr.state.il.us/law3/ginseng%20regulations.htm

Dealer’s License

A Ginseng dealers license is required for each individual at a given location who is engaged in the purchase of ginseng from growers or harvesters. “Individual,” for the purpose of this Act, is defined as a person, partnership or corporation. Licenses are valid from April 1 of one year through March 31 of the following year. Dealers licenses are available to both residents and non-residents. The fee for a resident is $50.50 per year and for a non-resident $100.75 per year. Licenses are available through DNR Direct license and permit vendors, online through the website at DNR Direct or by phone toll free @ 1-888-673-7648. For further questions, call the Commercial License/Permit Office at 217/785-3423.

Certification

All ginseng purchased by licensed Illinois dealers must be certified as to kind (wild or cultivated), weight, and origin by a certification officer of the Department of Natural Resources, Office of Law Enforcement, before they can sell or ship it. Certification will only be accomplished within the borders of Illinois. Certification will be done by appointment only on Mondays, at selected locations throughout the state (all dealers are mailed the locations with their license or they may call the Office of Law Enforcement at 217/782-6431 to receive a copy). The ginseng roots and their purchase records must be examined by the officer prior to issuance of the certification papers. A copy of the Illinois Wild Ginseng Shipping Certificate must accompany shipments of Illinois ginseng for them to be legally exported from the United States. Procedures for certifying ginseng may vary from year to year. Licensed dealers will be notified of current procedures prior to the harvest season. Information on ginseng certification can be obtained by phoning the ginseng program manager at 217/782-6431. Certification of cultivated ginseng can occur at any time. Certifying of wild ginseng can only occur from the opening of the buying season until the following April 1. It is unlawful to have uncertified wild ginseng on hand from April 2 through the opening of the next buying season

TNhunter

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.085 seconds

Who's Online

We have 124 guests and no members online

Login