* Ginseng Seed: Pre-orders accepted for pre-set shipping dates
* Ginseng Rootlets: Pre-orders accepted for fall shipment in October
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Long Arm of the Law

Long Arm of the Law 9 years 10 months ago #28891

Ok guys,
So today i decided to go and collect some more goldenseal seed and have a look at some of my ginseng. I had been in the woods about a half hour, I drove across my feild that i have not been able to bushhog yet so the briars and weeds were well over the hood of the truck. I did not want to attempt to cross the feild on foot so i drove as close to the woods as i could get. After collecting some berrys i continued on thru my patch of sang. Then I started to hear the low hum of a helicopter the sound kept getting louder as the DEA approached. They flew around the perimeter of my feild about 3 times at treetop level. I moved to a small clearing in the woods. eventually they passed overhead they were low enough that i could see the people in the chopper, for some reason beyond which i can not explain as soon as we made eye contact i cracked a smile and took off running thru the woods, the canopy was thick overhead and whenever they zigged, I zagged. This went on for about 10 minutes finally they could not locate me so they hovered over my truck for another 4 or 5 minutes. I thought they were going to land and i figured i better quit playing around with these guys so i made my back to my truck, when i arrived back at the truck i just looked at them and raised my hands and shrugged and mouthed... WHAT....? they hovered a few more seconds then lifted off and flew about 400yards away and continued looking. At that point i realized that my .45 was still wedged in the small of my back. I got into my truck and drove to the other side of the feild and then re-entered the woods just to mess with them. After i got home it occured to me that maybe the government should spend less time watching law abiding citizens and use their resources elsewhere, like on watching the mexican border.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Long Arm of the Law 9 years 10 months ago #28892

K_Duce,

If they haul you in, can I dig your ginseng?:laugh:
By the way, have you got some ripe ginseng berries, or were you talking about something else?

Hugh

Re:Long Arm of the Law 9 years 10 months ago #28893

That's funny you messing with them a little

But, what in the world business do they have bothering you on your land in the first place? Our government sucks.

Re:Long Arm of the Law 9 years 10 months ago #28894

thats ok Hugh, i hear it can grow for a very long time. :laugh:
Lenno i was thinking the same thing.
Hugh i was collecting goldenseal berries, i only seen a couple red ginseng berries. I did manage to beat the turkeys to the goldenseal this year and was able to get 1.7 lbs of goldenseal berries that ended up being almost 8oz of seed.

Re:Long Arm of the Law 9 years 10 months ago #28896

i have a both northern and southern sang
Attachments:

Re:Long Arm of the Law 9 years 10 months ago #28897

Actually i have about 4 distinct variations of ginseng some have short berry stems some have long berry stems and some have very tall berry stems and some have very dark narrow leaves. I think over time, it will become a very hardy strain.
Attachments:

Re:Long Arm of the Law 9 years 10 months ago #28898

Nice K_Duce,
When did you plant your first ginseng?
Do you notice if your Northern plants mature before your wild Tennessee seng?

Hugh

Re:Long Arm of the Law 9 years 10 months ago #28899

Are you sure it was the DEA? They have been fling around mapping and looking for all the spring heads around here .The EPA wants to control the water.The government knows the ones who control the water can control life.They have been buying land around here at a alarming rate. They want the headwaters. Most of it is company's calling themselves {Whatever} LLC. They are only gaining property control so they can use taxpayer money {receive grants}. Then they will sell the property to the state of Federal government when they figure out how to route the money,

Re:Long Arm of the Law 9 years 9 months ago #29068

We have them flying around here at treetop level all summer long, every summer, finding and arresting pot growers. They don't care whose house/land they hover over. It's rather annoying, but nothing I can do about it.

Re:Long Arm of the Law 9 years 9 months ago #29082

Found your post funny, as have had a similar experience here in NC many years ago....! I don't doubt is was DEA a'tall. Messing with them, is exciting, and funny all at once...

However it could have a downside.... Those guys have no sense of humor.... Since they get shot at during their job..... good that you didn't raise that old .45! I' m quite sure that you made their map for a check back in the future....

BTW, that's my choice of sidearm as well.

If those guys has landed and \"questioned\" you, it might have been a bit less funny, give their lack of a sense of humor.

good Luck!

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.094 seconds

Who's Online

We have 633 guests and no members online

Login