2024 Summer/Fall Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Pre-orders accepted for pre-set shipping dates
* Ginseng Rootlets: Pre-orders accepted for fall shipment in October
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Vermont's new ginseng laws and regulations.

Vermont's new ginseng laws and regulations. 9 years 9 months ago #29078

So I got a letter in the mail last year saying that they were gunna try to pass some new laws. Like paying for a permit and they have to have four prongs and also that it starts September 1st instead of August 20. Just wondering if any of those come into effect this year. Thanks!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Vermont's new ginseng laws and regulations. 9 years 9 months ago #29079

I don't live in Vermont! however I think what I'm about to write will help you if answering your Q.

Please go to your state's dept of agriculture website, and lookk there for updated info as to lic/regulations. There should be documents there pertaining to the current regulations, as well as older regs. You might be able to find a comparison of the older to the new there as well. There should be a fee structure as well.

good Luck!

Re:Vermont's new ginseng laws and regulations. 9 years 9 months ago #29080

Thanks! I tried calling them like I did a couple years ago but its harder to find someone who knows what there talking about there now. Thanks for the help I'll give it a try.

Re:Vermont's new ginseng laws and regulations. 9 years 9 months ago #29083

For example, on the NC dept of Ag website.... When I first went to look for that sort of thing, I had to use their search engine to find it. 'Sang is not a frequently grown crop like soybeans/core/tobacco, so the location of the info was somewhat less \"in front\"....

Keep digging... And I suspect I would have had the same results you had if I hade only made a phone call.

You might want to consider emailing Mike Lee with the Vermont updates. Have you looked to the left of this post/ this site, under the Vermont state laws?

Re:Vermont's new ginseng laws and regulations. 9 years 9 months ago #29089

I'd like to see some Vermont Ginseng. It's so lush up there.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.076 seconds

Who's Online

We have 457 guests and no members online

Login