2024 Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: Will be offered in Fall
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: To top or not to top? That is the question

To top or not to top? That is the question 9 years 7 months ago #31751

Hello again to all you professional hunters and diggers. Another question from a \"newbie\" to gensing. I have read about some of you topping or pinching off the stems of two and three prongers. I am very comfortable about my plants not being found but I was wondering if topping actually helps the plant grow stronger or makes it produce more prongs.I can see how topping helps hide plants from being found but was just wondering about other reasons to top them. Thanks B)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:To top or not to top? That is the question 9 years 7 months ago #31755

2BEAR,
I HAVE TOPPED FOR A LONG TIME, THE ONLY BENEFIT IS THAT YOU INCREASE THE CHANCES OF IT NOT BEING POACHED.

Re:To top or not to top? That is the question 9 years 7 months ago #31756

Thanks K_duce. I waited for around 30 min. for someone to answer.Good luck

Re:To top or not to top? That is the question 9 years 7 months ago #31765

I lay the plants down and cover with leaves to hide for the same reason as above to secure from poachers sight and any animals. Your woods are Never fully safe unless your living in a lean to in the patch.
Paul

Re:To top or not to top? That is the question 9 years 7 months ago #31777

I agree with the others. I top mine if I\"m worried in a particular year or if I want a crop of clean tops to dry. Technically, topping them will reduce the growth, but I think at this point in the year it would be unnoticeable.

Re:To top or not to top? That is the question 9 years 7 months ago #31793

You go Frank, no laws against moving leaves that I know of. But give them a chance and I'm sure they'll get 1 on the books for next year.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.096 seconds

Who's Online

We have 292 guests and no members online

Login