2024 Winter/Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: sold out
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Marketing your product.

Marketing your product. 10 years 5 months ago #24689

I bought 8lbs of wet root and 2 lbs of dry root on opening day of buying season. Had buyers all lined up, now they say they are either not interested, want to wait, or are simply un reachable. This is devastating to a young guy just starting out. Does anyone out there have any advice? I've called lots of dealers listed on here, I've scoured the internet for websites that sell ginseng, and called to ask if they would like to buy. I have very good quality product. I'm stumped! Would the veterans help out a young guy?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Marketing your product. 10 years 5 months ago #24696

Mills, It sounds like you are either buying in too high, or are expecting too high of a profit margin. The market it still good and slowly climbing, so sit on it for a while if you can. If you need funds, then you could try calling all the dealers in your state and see if you can unload it pretty much at cost. As a newbie just starting out you really dont want to be turning folks away for lack of funds...

If you cant sell it at or just above costs then you are definately over paying for it. It will be much easier to find an in state buyer than one from out of state. Hope this is somewhat helpful.:)

Re:Marketing your product. 10 years 5 months ago #24703

What state are you in Mills?

Re:Marketing your product. 10 years 5 months ago #24722

Ar.

Re:Marketing your product. 10 years 5 months ago #24734

Well, I'm not familiar with Arkansas root. If you shoot me some pictures with a dollar bill in it of the average lot and the particulars, I can see if I might be able to move it.

• Page:
Moderators: KYginseng
Time to create page: 0.075 seconds

Who's Online

We have 405 guests and no members online

Login