More than likely a honey mushroom and they are edible. However, I am not certain so please DO NOT EAT THEM. If they were growing on a tree more than likely a velvet foot mushroom. Once again I am not certain so PLEASE DO NOT EAT THEM.
they are honey mushrooms, Armellariella mellea. they are out in abundance right now and are a choice edible. I eat them often. tip; only eat those clearly growing from wood. \"Velvet foot\" mushrooms (flammulina velutipes) never has an annulus (the thing around the stem, under the cap)