2024 Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: Will be offered in Fall
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Post your experiences, questions and answers about growing wild-simulated ginseng
  • Page:

TOPIC: The Weather Dashes Plans for Seed Planting in the Mountains!

The Weather Dashes Plans for Seed Planting in the Mountains! 11 years 5 months ago #21177

Deleted.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:The Weather Dashes Plans for Seed Planting in the Mountains! 11 years 5 months ago #21178

Well Frank,
I hate that, even though I've always wondered what it would look like to see someone planting ginseng seeds in the snow. :laugh: I'm still at it myself with the rootlets. I believe that another day or two here at the house will finish my work in my lots. I'll still have several hundred babies to find spots for in the mountains.

I had a pleasant surprise yesterday while I was planting rootlets and the thread that TNhunter made about root sizes from his seed bed just went right along with what I found that I was very pleased with.
I have never dug any roots from the plantings that I have been doing from 6 years ago so I did not know how well they were sizing even though many of the three prong tops were getting quite large. While digging next to the older ones I accidently dug up a 5 year old plant that was in a row. I could not believe how large the root was. It was a big 3 pronged root, and chunky to boot with lots of hair roots. This was very much a saleable size root and I was tickled to see just how well the plants were sizing. I sure hope they continue to do well like this one has. After having some bad luck with germination from two different plantings it was good to see some positive results.
Hugh

Re:The Weather Dashes Plans for Seed Planting in the Mountains! 11 years 5 months ago #21181

Planted the last of my 5 lbs today.

Re:The Weather Dashes Plans for Seed Planting in the Mountains! 11 years 5 months ago #21199

Welcome to the forum, DannyDarnell!

Getting the seeds into the ground before the snow is good. I'm betting that it'll melt soon, and allow you to get some more of those seeds in --if you need to.

Re:The Weather Dashes Plans for Seed Planting in the Mountains! 11 years 5 months ago #21239

Planning on splitting another 5 lb of seed with my brother. There is alot of time before spring to get them in. Dan Darnell AKA Mt Dan

• Page:
Moderators: lattTNhunterjimsanger
Time to create page: 0.075 seconds

Who's Online

We have 644 guests and no members online

Login