2024 Summer/Fall Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Pre-orders accepted for pre-set shipping dates
* Ginseng Rootlets: Pre-orders accepted for fall shipment in October
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Post your experiences, questions and answers about growing wild-simulated ginseng
  • Page:

TOPIC: Wanting to buy stratified seed from the south.

Wanting to buy stratified seed from the south. 9 years 10 months ago #28940

Does anyone here know of someone who is selling ginseng seed from the south? I have bought the stuff off of this sight from Wisconsin and am very pleased I just wanted to give southern ginseng a try. I would even travel to buy fresh berries during the season from someone's seed bed and pay top dollar if that's legal. That last part just came off the top of my head I haven't looked into the legalities of that yet.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Wanting to by stratified seed from the south. 9 years 10 months ago #28941

LJ125,
I tried to do that a few years ago myself after the seller that I had used quite a few years ago got sick and could not take care of his patch any more. It is extremely difficult to find someone who is growing woodsgrown local seed. Almost everyone will be using seed from Northern growers and then there are the laws that make it almost prohibitive to grow wild strains of seed. I finally bought some rootlets from a dealer several years ago and started my own. They are not old enough to sell commercially, but I am adding to them slowly from seed. I did talk to a fellow in Upper East Tn. last year who had a bed planted from them and he was supposed to start selling 2-3 year olds this year. He contacted me on the phone and I don't have his name. Get ready for the legal hounds to set things right.
Hugh

Re:Wanting to by stratified seed from the south. 9 years 10 months ago #28942

Sometimes Dr Persons has small Ty's of seed available. He's the guy whose book is considered. To be the 'sang grower's \"must read\" text. Lives in southwestern NC. doing a web search should get you an email addy...

Having said that, getting seed this time of year might be difficult...

Re:Wanting to by stratified seed from the south. 9 years 10 months ago #28943

LJ125, Send me an email. I didn't see yours when I clicked on your info.

Re:Wanting to by stratified seed from the south. 9 years 10 months ago #28944

I'm sorry I meant to say that during the harvest season I was looking to purchase seed from the south.

Re:Wanting to buy stratified seed from the south. 9 years 10 months ago #28945

I sent you an email Lenno

• Page:
Moderators: lattTNhunterjimsanger
Time to create page: 0.089 seconds

Who's Online

We have 544 guests and no members online

Login