2024 Summer/Fall Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Pre-orders accepted for pre-set shipping dates
* Ginseng Rootlets: Pre-orders accepted for fall shipment in October
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Post your experiences, questions and answers about growing wild-simulated ginseng
  • Page:

TOPIC: red berries on wild simulated starting to coincide with truly wild

red berries on wild simulated starting to coincide with truly wild 9 years 8 months ago #29683

I've noticed the red berries on my plants grown from ordered seed are getting later each year and are actually coming off just a couple of weeks ahead of my truly wild ginseng.

I always thought they would eventually adapt to the climate. Even the stems are getting stronger and more fiberous.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:red berries on wild simulated starting to coincide with truly wild 9 years 8 months ago #29686

rootman wrote:

I've noticed the red berries on my plants grown from ordered seed are getting later each year and are actually coming off just a couple of weeks ahead of my truly wild ginseng.

I always thought they would eventually adapt to the climate. Even the stems are getting stronger and more fiberous.

rootman,

Thanks for the post and report! While we know that Ginseng that has been grown in a specific location for a long period of time, imprints genetically it's growing period as well as the seed berry growth and ripening into it's seed and much...much more, it is not often that we hear about how these seeds that have been planted in a completely different location with different soil and different climate have actually adapted or begin to adapt to their' new area. This shows that the genetic coding that has been imprinted on the seeds by their' parent plant, can be altered either naturally or with help/interference from man.

Frank

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Page:
Moderators: lattTNhunterjimsanger
Time to create page: 0.073 seconds

Who's Online

We have 476 guests and no members online

Login