2024 Summer/Fall Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Pre-orders accepted for pre-set shipping dates
* Ginseng Rootlets: Pre-orders accepted for fall shipment in October
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Post your experiences, questions and answers about growing wild-simulated ginseng
  • Page:

TOPIC: 1st trip this year (on 08/17/14) to see if any plants emerged from the 1/4 pound of seeds Mike gifted me last Fall!

1st trip this year (on 08/17/14) to see if any plants emerged from the 1/4 pound of seeds Mike gifted me last Fall! 9 years 8 months ago #29730

Deleted.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:1st trip this year (on 08/17/14) to see if any plants emerged from the 1/4 pound of seeds Mike gifted me last Fall! 9 years 8 months ago #29739

Nice report Frank. All the stratified seed I planted last year didn't show any growth this year, and as others have mentioned to me, they may not emerge until 2015. I'm keeping my fingers crossed. In the mean time, I'm going to keep planting more seed.

Re:1st trip this year (on 08/17/14) to see if any plants emerged from the 1/4 pound of seeds Mike gifted me last Fall! 9 years 8 months ago #29743

DFeleted.

Re:1st trip this year (on 08/17/14) to see if any plants emerged from the 1/4 pound of seeds Mike gifted me last Fall! 9 years 8 months ago #29744

Great to hear about the seeds. Sorry about your back. Will send a prayer for a full, healthy, speedy recovery! As far as the plants you missed, don't feel bad. Some of the best ginsengers I know, miss plants. We all do. We like to think that we have the best eyes, however due to terrain and fatigue, it's bound to happen. My uncle has been digging for over 40 years and last year he and our friend went back in to an area that we had visited early in the season and went over the same exact area we had been in and still found some nice ginseng that was still green and some were golden yellow! Along with the ability to stay dormant, I like to think that ginsengs' ability to blend in to the environment, will guarantee that it will never be extinct!! Best wishes!!!

Re:1st trip this year (on 08/17/14) to see if any plants emerged from the 1/4 pound of seeds Mike gifted me last Fall! 9 years 8 months ago #29750

Deleted.

Re:1st trip this year (on 08/17/14) to see if any plants emerged from the 1/4 pound of seeds Mike gifted me last Fall! 9 years 8 months ago #29753

Frank that stubbornness has, and will serve you well. I've seen people that get a bad diagnosis and give up and that was all she wrote. They went downhill quick. So you keep on keepin' on. You know your limitations. Just do what you can and don't overdo it and keep the faith. As long as you are looking down at the flat tops and not helping to push them up, you got her whipped!

Re:1st trip this year (on 08/17/14) to see if any plants emerged from the 1/4 pound of seeds Mike gifted me last Fall! 9 years 8 months ago #29757

Frank,
good to hear. I also have much better germination in spring planting where i live, fall planting feeds too many critters over the winter, also like to note that when cared for properly the fridge is your friend.

Re:1st trip this year (on 08/17/14) to see if any plants emerged from the 1/4 pound of seeds Mike gifted me last Fall! 9 years 8 months ago #29758

I also have much better germination in spring planting where i live, fall planting feeds too many critters over the winter

Amen to that,Kduce

• Page:
Moderators: lattTNhunterjimsanger
Time to create page: 0.087 seconds

Who's Online

We have 290 guests and no members online

Login