2024 Summer/Fall Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Pre-orders accepted for pre-set shipping dates
* Ginseng Rootlets: Pre-orders accepted for fall shipment in October
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Post your experiences, questions and answers about growing wild-simulated ginseng
  • Page:

TOPIC: I want to thanks those who helped me with knowledge

I want to thanks those who helped me with knowledge 9 years 8 months ago #30160

i wanted to say a special thanks to those who spent their time and shared there knowledge. I just got back from NC with much disappointment. The land I looked at did not fit the needs for my family. Location was spot on, but no good for my kids. Perfect for what I had in mind, couldn't be better! But, it's not all about me. My family's safety and my kids education come first. I'll have to say I shed a few tears. I figure with winter approaching, I won't be able to get back up before the first frost and plants go down. I plan on regrouping and having a few places lined up for next year. I plan on looking in a different county other than Madison. Jackson and maybe Haywood is on the horizon. Do any of you guys have expierence in those counties? Any suggestion on those counties?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:I want to thanks those who helped me with knowledge 9 years 8 months ago #30163

I am sorry that the area that you had chosen, did not work out for you! I understand the importance of a great area and great schools for your children and understand how frustrating it can sometimes be to find the right location to settle. I am sorry but even though I have spent quite a bit a time in Western North Carolina, I don't know that much about what areas are best for what you need. I would suggest researching the School Districts within the areas that you have in mind but maybe expand further Eastward from there. There are some great locations on the Eastern side of the Blue Ridge which would have soil and conditions that would be great for the crops you are interested in growing and if the areas and schools are great for your children, then all that is left, is to find some reasonably priced land!

Frank

Re:I want to thanks those who helped me with knowledge 9 years 8 months ago #30171

I am sorry that you ran into complications. May I ask how many acres you are interested
in and how much you would be able to pay per acre? I have some property that joins mine that MAY be for sale. Due to a divorce.It is above 3600 ft in elevation and is very capable of growing ginseng. I plan on planting wine grapes on My parcel joining it.It has one way in by truck and joins NC state yellow mountain natural area.It is in Mitchell county.

Re:I want to thanks those who helped me with knowledge 9 years 8 months ago #30210

Hello Gareth,
I know you were all psyched up over the trip to find a good spot. I'm sorry that it did not work out. It's hard to put together in the mind where places might be that would have top quality education and growing ginseng close together. I guess more research will help here.
I am curious as to what kind of prices you encountered while looking at good growing sites. If you don't want to respond to this, I'll understand.

Hugh

Re:I want to thanks those who helped me with knowledge 9 years 8 months ago #30213

Hey Gareth,

Sorry that things didn't work out this time.

However, I must say, the world would be a MUCH better place if all parents lived up to their responsibilities and understood that it is not all about them, and that they loose the right to being first until their children are raised. Hats off to you my friend...

Re:I want to thanks those who helped me with knowledge 9 years 8 months ago #30270

Thanks guys. Life is full of disapointments. Thanks for the offer Wise1, but we are going to get focused on our winter planting season and recoupe mentally. I think we are going to look in Haywood and Jackson. Jackson seems to be more reasonablly priced. That will give me plenty of time to get reorganized. My heart was shot for the 5th time on moving up there. Mr. Frank, your exactly right. I will start the searching of more school districts soon. I need some time for my heart and emotions to heal. then I can make sound decisions. I hope you guys have a great hunting season and blessed one. I'll be in touch in the near future when I start narrowing down locations in a few months. Plus, winter is approaching and the plants and veg will be down. Thanks again guys and glod bless you all.

Re:I want to thanks those who helped me with knowledge 9 years 8 months ago #30276

Good luck on your Winter planting, recouping from the big disappointment and finding a great location for growing that also has great schools! You might start at the link below and go from there.

www.usnews.com/education/best-high-schools/north-carolina

Frank

• Page:
Moderators: lattTNhunterjimsanger
Time to create page: 0.083 seconds

Who's Online

We have 128 guests and no members online

Login