2024 Summer/Fall Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Pre-orders accepted for pre-set shipping dates
* Ginseng Rootlets: Pre-orders accepted for fall shipment in October
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Post your experiences, questions and answers about growing wild-simulated ginseng
  • Page:

TOPIC: A day in the life of a grower and a buyer via pictures

Re:A day in the life of a grower and a buyer via pictures 9 years 7 months ago #31999

Latt wrote:

Hey Brad I know what you mean about posting your own stuff. Have you seen this guys seeder?

www.emeraldcastlefarms.com/Products/Seeder.html

Latt

:laugh:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:A day in the life of a grower and a buyer via pictures 9 years 7 months ago #32003

Latt wrote:

Hey Brad I know what you mean about posting your own stuff. Have you seen this guys seeder?

www.emeraldcastlefarms.com/Products/Seeder.html

Latt

LOL You know that kid looks an awful lot like my boy about 10 years ago :laugh:

Re:A day in the life of a grower and a buyer via pictures 9 years 7 months ago #32005

lenno wrote:

Brad, Thanks for sharing. I noticed the older roots look ringed up pretty good. Did you do anything to these plants other than planting ( spraying, gypsum, etc.)?

Looks like you had a big day buying.

Lenno,

Nope..nothing. I went in and pulled up or cut off anything smaller than about 2\" in diameter, cleaned up the stuff on the ground, and pulled any rose I found. Then, I trimmed the tree limbs up over my head so I didn't have to duck. This caused plenty of airflow up the hill. About year 4, the loggers cut my biggest trees there. You know how that goes...\"OOPS...sorry man we'll pay you for it.\" Then, by about the 6th year when I could get into some of the spots in there again, there were big threes and babies everywhere.

Re:A day in the life of a grower and a buyer via pictures 9 years 7 months ago #32008

Very nice BC!

Re:A day in the life of a grower and a buyer via pictures 9 years 7 months ago #32029

Congrats on your success. What percentage do you have survive after 5 years?

Re:A day in the life of a grower and a buyer via pictures 9 years 7 months ago #32048

Hi Loggy,

I don't pay close enough attention to say for certain...and every situation and set of conditions are pretty unique. I think in that patch maybe 70% or more made it to five years, and maybe 50-60% to ten years.

• Page:
Moderators: lattTNhunterjimsanger
Time to create page: 0.079 seconds

Who's Online

We have 283 guests and no members online

Login