2024 Summer/Fall Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Pre-orders accepted for pre-set shipping dates
* Ginseng Rootlets: Pre-orders accepted for fall shipment in October
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Post your experiences, questions and answers about growing wild-simulated ginseng
  • Page:

TOPIC: A day in the life of a grower and a buyer via pictures

A day in the life of a grower and a buyer via pictures 9 years 7 months ago #31914

Some of you may remember late last season when I posted about a story in edible Cleveland magazine by Laura Watilo Blake. Laura spent a day in the woods with Charity and I while we were digging rootlets for customers and I showed her around my wild simulated patches. She also went with me to southeastern Ohio on a buying trip. She took a lot of pictures and I think the article turned out well.

Here is a link to the article

http://ediblecleveland.com/stories/winter-2014/this-land#readmore

Well, just last evening I was poking around the web and came across many more of the pictures Laura took during those two days. I thought you all might enjoy them...particularly the ones in the wild simulated patch I started about 10 years ago.

Here is the link

https://www.flickr.com/photos/farflung/sets/72157636307998795

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:A day in the life of a grower and a buyer via pictures 9 years 7 months ago #31929

Where do I get that Seed planting tool? I was always curious if there was something like that out there incase your back was having a bad day.

Re:A day in the life of a grower and a buyer via pictures 9 years 7 months ago #31931

Hi LJ,

I make those...but because of forum rules I can't go into details or post a link for you.

Re:A day in the life of a grower and a buyer via pictures 9 years 7 months ago #31936

well here is my email so we can talk about life and such.
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Re:A day in the life of a grower and a buyer via pictures 9 years 7 months ago #31949

Bcastle
Those r some great pics. How long have u been in business or growing ginseng? I love ur gaurd cat.lol

Re:A day in the life of a grower and a buyer via pictures 9 years 7 months ago #31961

Cool BCastle, thanks for showing. I enjoyed viewing the pictures.

Re:A day in the life of a grower and a buyer via pictures 9 years 7 months ago #31964

Hobler666shang,

I\"ve been growing on that property since 1999. I started that wild sim patch (on a southwest facing slope btw) about 10 years ago now. Some of the small plants you see and some of the small roots are proof that cultivated seed left to nature's devices do quite well. This is the first patch I planted with my seeder, and I went back and over-seeded again two years later. Then, about year six, all the babies started showing up. This patch is now naturally reproducing and doing very well. I did dig a couple this year, I'll have to post a picture of them when I get a chance to catch my breath.

You know, I don't know for sure where that cat came from. He would come visit every time we were in the patch that year. He took a liking to Laura right away, I\"ll have to post one of those pictures I took also.

Mortis,

Thank you. I think she did an excellent job on the pictures.

Re:A day in the life of a grower and a buyer via pictures 9 years 7 months ago #31988

Re:A day in the life of a grower and a buyer via pictures 9 years 7 months ago #31990

Brad, Thanks for sharing. I noticed the older roots look ringed up pretty good. Did you do anything to these plants other than planting ( spraying, gypsum, etc.)?

Looks like you had a big day buying.

Re:A day in the life of a grower and a buyer via pictures 9 years 7 months ago #31993

Hey Brad I know what you mean about posting your own stuff. Have you seen this guys seeder?

www.emeraldcastlefarms.com/Products/Seeder.html

Latt

• Page:
Moderators: lattTNhunterjimsanger
Time to create page: 0.099 seconds

Who's Online

We have 903 guests and no members online

Login