2024 Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: Will be offered in Fall
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Post your experiences, questions and answers about growing wild-simulated ginseng

TOPIC: Planting yesterday!

Re:Planting yesterday! 9 years 6 months ago #33217

My planting buddy also knows when it's quittin' time. here he is saying\" Step AWAY from the rake, Dad!!!\"
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Planting yesterday! 9 years 6 months ago #33218

We got six lbs in last weekend, and i've still got 4 more traverses to go! Seed will be arriving this week to finish it. Klaus and I planted 6 lb.s so far. We are going to have 10 lb.s in this patch when it's done

Here's a shot of the dawn on Sunday, for your viewing pleasure...
Attachments:

Re:Planting yesterday! 9 years 6 months ago #33219

I promise this is the last photo. I got a big doe in one of our other patches! my buddy Klaus weighs 118 lb.s, and this doe was bigger than he is. She'll be good on the grill!
Attachments:

Re:Planting yesterday! 9 years 6 months ago #33243

Nice pics Whit,
Great pics
You really put some hard work into those beds by removing all the rodo's. Can't wait to see all those seng babys poppin next spring.
Latt

Re:Planting yesterday! 9 years 6 months ago #33251

Good luck with the new plantings

Re:Planting yesterday! 9 years 6 months ago #33253

Good pics, whitjr. Keep on keepin on.

Any certain way you like your deer? I always just make jerky and cut the rest into steaks.

Hillhopper

Re:Planting yesterday! 9 years 6 months ago #33255

holy cow i was just going to pull the leaves back an poke um in the grownd,maybe i need to rethink my plan

Re:Planting yesterday! 9 years 6 months ago #33278

PumplinHead- that way of planting can work as well. We are going at this in a larger way...

Thanks, Latt and Lenno... It's an constant endeavor.

HillHopper- I usually grind most of the deer up into burger and sausage, only keep the loins and back straps for other meals. My wife does not appreciate the taste of deer steaks , however enjoys the burger and sausage.

I am going back up on Friday am, got another five lb.s to get in the ground!

Re:Planting yesterday! 9 years 6 months ago #33286

hey whitjr. just watched biily taylor\"s video on planting seeds looks like he does it just like you,just ordered 2oz of seed be here saturday,do you think it will be enough to make two 4x30ft beds 1oz of seed per bed,an did you just walk them inan cover with the leaf litter,one more thing how long is a green fresh dug root viable to plant back.thanks for any help Tim.

Re:Planting yesterday! 9 years 6 months ago #33293

Pumpkin head- 2 oz of seed is pretty small qty of seed. Consider that there is approx 7000 seeds in a pound, so one ounce will likely have approx 440 seeds. You will get approx 880 seeds for your purchase and they are none to big.

While that sounds like a lot of seeds, consider that planting density of a given seed bed is pretty thick. Also, by the time you harvest your 4x30 bed, if you have 3 out if 10 seeds that have matured, you will be doing good!

Some folks plant real heavy, and two ounces of seed might go into one 4x 30 bed... Or less.

The viability of harvested root is a whole different question. If you do a search on this website... You will find a good discussion on this somewhere.

A word of instruction... Keep to a topic. If you have a different question, then post it in a new thread. There is a whole group of good guys and goals here, and most are happy to answer questions....

Moderators: lattTNhunterjimsanger
Time to create page: 0.154 seconds

Who's Online

We have 158 guests and no members online

Login