2024 Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: Will be offered in Fall
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Post your experiences, questions and answers about growing wild-simulated ginseng
  • Page:

TOPIC: Wooded acreage land for sale for growing ginseng

Wooded acreage land for sale for growing ginseng 9 years 3 months ago #34093

Hello everyone. Kind of slow right now. If anyone is interested in wooded acreage land for sale check out this link below. This is land for sale in Eastern Ohio that will work well for growing ginseng. Whitetail deer are everywhere too. It is a great woods for hunting deer and wild turkey. Make sure you control the deer before you grow ginseng. This is 12.86 wooded acres so it would make for a great ginseng farm. Not a lot of acres in Ohio for sale right now that are prime for hunting or building a home or growing ginseng. Ginseng seeds are available on wildgrown.com to plant on this property if you intend on starting a ginseng farm.

columbus.craigslist.org/reo/4838471069.html

Thanks,
Latt

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Wooded acreage land for sale for growing ginseng 9 years 3 months ago #34094

Latt,

That is some really pretty woods, ginseng would surely grow there. That's almost 7000 an acre, too high for me.

Lenno

Re:Wooded acreage land for sale for growing ginseng 9 years 3 months ago #34095

Lenno, its all relative for sure. $6990 per acre is more compared to some remote land in Southern Ohio or even some remote areas in KY, TN, WV ect. However, if it were closer to Columbus Ohio it would go for 10,000 per acre and possibly much more. Land for sale over 5 acres and under 20 acres for a reasonable price in Ohio is hard to find especially if it's got some character and is wooded. You can buy 250 acres wooded in Ohio for 3,000 an acre but I do not know many folks that have $750,000 for 250 acres. At least the folk I run with do not have that kind of bacon.
Looking forward to seeing more of your sang pics this coming spring Lenno. You grow some really nice sang for sure.
Latt

Re:Wooded acreage land for sale for growing ginseng 9 years 3 months ago #34099

Nice piece for sure. To bad I'm not looking in Ohio. Kinda the same prices where I live, a little more though. Depends on location of course too. Would 12 acres be enough after you count the land you can't use? including home, barn etc?

Re:Wooded acreage land for sale for growing ginseng 9 years 3 months ago #34101

Being from just east of that area I would say that is a bit high for that land also. Most likely why it was in Columbus' CL where there's more money floating around. 13 years ago I got my 8 acres at $800/acre. I know inflation is up but not that high. Of course I got mine at auction from a coal company going out of business. Land still went around here regularly for $1200 or so per acre but after this gas and oil boom even after people made $5000/acre on only the lease with royalties yet to come if they keep mineral rights and sell only the land they all want over $5000/acre. It seems as if money fuels greed. Guess I'm blessed with 4 acres of woods but always wanted to own a bigger piece of land but nowadays thats out of the question. Frazeysburg/Zanesville area is actually on the western edge of the Utica shale play so if one had the cash to purchase that land one could lease the land for horizontal drilling (which would take place on nearby level land but go under this land) for say $3000/acre and dramatically lower the cost and maybe pay for the land once it does get drilled under and the royalties come in. Won't happen quick though as the plummeting price of oil now slowed production.

Beauiful woods though.

Re:Wooded acreage land for sale for growing ginseng 9 years 3 months ago #34104

jimsenger,
Sounds like you really know your stuff pertaining to Izzit's questions. You also know a lot about land and it sounds like you got the deal of a lifetime 13 years ago on your land. Prices have went up a great deal since those days. Pricing is all over the place too. It comes down to what people want to list it for and what people are willing to pay.

A lot of times it makes no sense whatsoever. If you go to landwatch.com and look at property for sale in Ohio it is all over the place price wise and often has nothing to do with \"Utica Shale\" but sometimes does like you said. Check out below a couple postings I cut and pasted from landwatch.com. Why do these people want so much for 10 acres in Warren County over $10,000 per acre? Then again in Guernsey county at $5,858 per acre. Not much of a discount in Guernsey considering it's 169.85 acres but it could be due to \"Utica Shale\".

10 Acres Washington Twp, Warren County, Ohio
$105,000 = $10,500 per acre

169.85 Acres Cumberland, Guernsey County, Ohio
$995,900 = $5,858 per acre

There is a lot of price disparity in Ohio per acre. But for good land with character and woods the prices typically fall between $3,000 per acre to $10,000 per acre depending on many different factors and what county the land is in.

Thanks for the post.

PS garethNjessica yes 12.86 acres is plenty after the house and barn is built.

Latt

Re:Wooded acreage land for sale for growing ginseng 9 years 3 months ago #34106

Latt: Thank you. Yes that's a bit high for Guernsey unless it has the mineral rights with it. If so its a steal. The leases in Belmont county are getting $7500/acre. That's with only them drilling horizontally as they pay more to put the well or do any activities to the surface. Then one gets royalties that pay approximately $20/day/acre after they drill. There are no poor land owners owning more than 20 acres around anymore. From one location the other night I could see five active drilling rigs out on a back road. I figure that y-town land at 10G/acre is understandable with the larger population and work to be found everywhere. Guernsey held the record for years with highest unemployment rate. I think monroe has it now as I am one that got layed off from ormet primary aluminum that is in monroe. Luckily I invested all I had in an apartment building that has six units before I got layed off so the Lord has blessed me well. The high volume of out of town workers in the gas/oil industry that rent by the week is keeping me from going hungry but not rich by any means. There is plenty work in the gas oil industry but I'm not into working seven 12s. Not like I'm 20 years old. That aluminum plant took a toll on the body. Not exactly a cake walk.

Re:Wooded acreage land for sale for growing ginseng 9 years 2 months ago #34276

I'm happy I'm getting things in place here. I bought a new house in Oct on 15 wooded acres, and it's 1.4 miles down the road from my other property, which is 19 wooded acres. I've never found a single plant on either property, but hopefully I can get something to grow.

People ask $3 - $4k per acre around here, but they rarely get it. I got my 15 acres with house and 2 car garage for $60k, and the other 19 acres I got for $10k. Although I knew the previous owner of the 19 and worked a deal.

Re:Wooded acreage land for sale for growing ginseng 9 years 2 months ago #34289

Mortis,
Wow, that's more like it! Glad you found some nice land and a house at a reasonable price. Hope the seng flourishes for you. What state and section of state is that at? I'm in Southeast (Appalachia) Ohio and it used to be reasonble here but no more.

Re:Wooded acreage land for sale for growing ginseng 9 years 2 months ago #34292

I'm in northwestern Pennsylvania, only 20 miles from the Ohio state line. About 1/2 hour south of the NY state line.

• Page:
Moderators: lattTNhunterjimsanger
Time to create page: 0.097 seconds

Who's Online

We have 257 guests and no members online

Login