2024 Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: Will be offered in Fall
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Post your experiences, questions and answers about growing wild-simulated ginseng

TOPIC: Ginseng Agreement/Contract

Re:Ginseng Agreement/Contract 13 years 3 months ago #8438

Hey Latt,
Where do you find that land there was going that cheap? I would definately invest a few thousand dollars on a couple hundred acres up there lol

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Ginseng Agreement/Contract 13 years 3 months ago #8441

Hillhopper,
I looked at some sites stating this on Answer.com.
However, when I looked at property values they are a bit higher for sure. I did find this remote listing at $100,000 for 160 acres. So that's $625 per acre which is pretty good but a lot more than $200 per acre. I have pasted the link below. This parcel is close to the water and is wooded too.

www.landwatch.com/Kenai-Peninsula-County...r-sale/pid/120132194

You can click on aerial and zoom in and out. Looks pretty cool!
Latt

Re:Ginseng Agreement/Contract 13 years 3 months ago #8442

Thanks, not that Im a real estate tycoon but I would like to look at it

Re:Ginseng Agreement/Contract 13 years 3 months ago #8443

Hillhopper and others,
Me too. What would be cool is to get about 10 ginseng and wild game hunting fans to go in on it together. So each person could fork out $10,000 bucks a piece. Then we could plant ginseng in there and hunt whenever someone wanted to go there.
Its still for sale and $100,000 and that is just the asking price. I bet it could be had for $90,000. Can you imagine buying and owning 160 wooded and hilly acres. That would be so awesome. The ginseng would pay off the land purchase for everyone and then some. It looks like the mountain ridge runs North and South. So there would be an Eastern face and a Western facing slope. If each of the 10 people bought into it then you could have your own 16 acres to plant ginseng on or everyone could share the 160 acres. What ever would be best for everyone.
Latt

Re:Ginseng Agreement/Contract 13 years 3 months ago #8444

Probably up there a western facing slope would be as plantable as any other I would imagine. A northern facing slope in Alaska might not produce much if it did at all

Re:Ginseng Agreement/Contract 13 years 3 months ago #8445

Latt,

I am blessed to own 230 acres of land myself - 30 that I purchased myself, and 200 acres that was passed down from my Grandfather/Father to me and while only a fraction of that land will be good for growing seng - I expect it will be all I ever need.

In reading over your contract I can see one thing that you may want to consider.

In the section below:

==
Land owner will give ginseng grower the option and right to remove plants in the event that the land owner sells the property or wishes the ginseng grower to cease the ginseng activity located on the land owner?s property.
==

You cover yourself for getting out and harvesting in two specific situations, landowner selling the property or just wishes you to stop growing there.

You might want to expand on that section a bit and make sure you don't get stuck investing a bunch of time and resources in the project and then the landowner does something that wipes out your seng without a chance to even harvest rootlets.

For example what if 2-3-4 years into the project Timber prices rise sharply and the land owner has an immediate financial need.
Or what if oil or natural gas was discovered on the property (hey it happens).

In the section above where you say \"in the event that\" and then list those two specific situations - you should probably open that up some to give yourself a bit more protection/coverage for other possible landowner activity that could devistate your crop or put it at serious risk.

Good Luck !

TNhunter

Re:Ginseng Agreement/Contract 13 years 3 months ago #8446

TNhunter,
Good point. That would be a great addition to the contract.
Thanks,
Latt

Re:Ginseng Agreement/Contract 13 years 3 months ago #8447

Hillhopper,
I agree the Western face up there would be the best.
Thanks,
Latt

Re:Ginseng Agreement/Contract 13 years 3 months ago #8448

TNhunter,
That's a lot of land. How many of those acres do you think are good for planting sang. Do you have wild sang on your property too or do you have to hunt elsewhere. I hope you do not mind me asking and I know it's not a good idea to advertise on the world wide web. That would be great to own this much land. I am happy for you. I hope to get 10 to 20 acres of good ginseng woods someday soon. Nothing like walking land that is yours.
Thanks,
Latt

Re:Ginseng Agreement/Contract 13 years 3 months ago #8449

Hillhopper

If youve ever been to AK in the summer time, the sun comes up in the northeast and takes a path across the southern sky and sets in the northwest. The sun does not go directly overhead. AK is at the top of our globe. Your best bet for planting to recieve the most light would be on the southside of a hill or on top of a hill. Ak only has about 3.5- 5 hrs of dark each day. 19- 21.5 hrs of day light a day. It's really weird!

classicfur

Moderators: lattTNhunterjimsanger
Time to create page: 0.095 seconds

Who's Online

We have 766 guests and no members online

Login