2024 Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: Will be offered in Fall
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Post your experiences, questions and answers about growing wild-simulated ginseng

TOPIC: Ginseng Agreement/Contract

Re:Ginseng Agreement/Contract 13 years 3 months ago #8450

I would say your right classicfur, I would be all screwed up in that part of the country lol

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Ginseng Agreement/Contract 13 years 3 months ago #8452

I found this info below on the Wildgrown.com under ginseng dealers in Alaska:

Ilarion Pletnikoff
240 E 4th Ave
Anchorage, AK 99501
Phone: (907) 277-0307

I called the phone # but it does not work now. I am not sure if he could not make it there and has closed or if he was just one of many dealers or the only ginseng dealer.
Latt

Re:Ginseng Agreement/Contract 13 years 3 months ago #8455

About Alaska growing season.

Even though the Ak has a short amount of growing days for plants, it does recieve long daylight hours which does allow plants to grow quicker per day. Daylight hrs for june range from about 18-24 hrs of sunlight per day. Some places in Ak the sun never sets. The sun sweeps across the horizon and is highest in the south.

Check out this chart.

www.absak.com/library/average-annual-insolation-alaska

With the long day they say that gardens grow well. They also say that you cannot grow sunflowers in Ak because as the the head of the flower follows the sun(from east to south to west to north to east and so on)it twists around and around and eventually twists the head of the flower right off.

classicfur

Re:Ginseng Agreement/Contract 13 years 3 months ago #8459

great work! Glad to see that we are taking advantage of legal tools. I have never done legal work in this field, and i don't have a license in most growing states. But maybe my common sense could be of use to further improve this \"contract.\"

- try to list some \"consideration\" for the landowner, money, roots, etc. Consideration completes a contract.

- try to be specific. General terms are very difficult to enforce. For example, where is the land, how big, where is the boundary...when Landowner needs to give notice in the case of land sale, three weeks, two months? when grower needs to give notice to the landowner in the case of going in to harvest?

- try to list some legal consequence. The only point of a contract is to know what's going to happen when things turn ugly. So what if landowner steals or lets people steal all the roots in the last year? what if all the ginseng dies or disappears? what if the harvest and growing damage the value of property. what if the landowner bankrupts or default another loan that have mortgage on the land?

i know...lawyers are annoying when nothing has happened yet...especially the laywer is in a hurry and writes a lot of typos...

But please understand I love ginseng and ginseng people. and I only wanted to be helpful...

Seth from Nashville

Re:Ginseng Agreement/Contract 13 years 3 months ago #8463

I agree Seth, definately good to cover all areas possible. I have had good friends in the past to show their true colors when you start dealing with money so you can't expect someone your just aquainted with to be any different when they begin to realize the profits toward the end.

Hillhopper

Moderators: lattTNhunterjimsanger
Time to create page: 0.077 seconds

Who's Online

We have 328 guests and no members online

Login