2024 Summer/Fall Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Pre-orders accepted for pre-set shipping dates
* Ginseng Rootlets: Pre-orders accepted for fall shipment in October
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Post your experiences, questions and answers about growing wild-simulated ginseng
  • Page:

TOPIC: Going Organic

Going Organic 13 years 3 months ago #8525

I know many of us are in the process of growing ginseng and many have stated that they are going organic as much as possible.

I came across this product called \"Feather Tea\". This may be a good product to put on ginseng. Some of the features that are listed below sound promising. I may try a test plot to see if it works. I will let you know as well. I have cut and pasted this below off of the web site. The web site is listed at the end too.

Features of using \"Feather Tea\"

Promotes roots growth and nutrition uptake

Converts soil fertility into nutrients for plant to utilize immediately

Multiplies crop yields with better weight, color, freshness, and sugar content

Enters earlier harvest stage, extends harvest period, and anti-ageing with longer shelf life

Keep Nematodes away and improves plant?s disease resistance ability

Helps to remedy problem plant tissues caused by fungi, pesticide, or other natural causes (such as floods) and return it to normal growing conditions

Develops soil ecosystem and soil structure by proliferation of soil beneficial microbes

Enhances seeds germination rate and reduces damp off and logging by seeds treatment

Helps to relieve the stress from transplantation and endures adverse weather conditions involving heat, cold, moisture, and drought

Works with solution and suspension forms of fertilizers and can be applied with most herbicides, insecticides, and fungicides

Here is the info below on the link.

www.re-green.com/En-Product.htm

Any thought or comments would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Latt

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Going Organic 13 years 3 months ago #8528

Looks pretty interesting. Wonder how much it is?

The fact sheet seems to indicate that it is very stimulating to plants, and the photos of the plants in the field seem pretty vigorous. It would have been nicer still if the photos had been notated with how much had been used on the field.

I imaging that there are lost of feathers generated in our country every year... good that someone is finding a use for them.

Re:Going Organic 13 years 3 months ago #8557

I got an email response back from the fella about the product cost for \"Feather Tea\". I have cut and pasted the email below. I would not do this typically to anyone if there was confidential information in the content. However this is just some info of the mix ratio, cost and possible benefits. I have inoculated my remaining 3 lbs of seeds that I need to plant VERY soon with Plant helper to help fight off disease and it looks very promising. I want to thank Classicfur for the information posted on the forum topic under \"arbuscular mycorrhizal fungi\" posted over a month ago about Plant Helper.

I would like to test this product out on one of my planting beds just to see if the product helps ward off disease as well. I am confident the Plant helper will work great. I guess I would just like to see what the effects of this product may be too. Any feedback or thoughts would be appreciated. Here is the response below:

\"\"Hi, Dave:
Thank you for your email.
Feather Tea is good for seed germination. It enhances the anti-disease and disease self defense ability. I suggest you treat seed first before you start your stratified process with seed treatment with 1:200 dilute with water. Just submerge seed with solution. The treatment time depends on the hardness of the seed. Small and soft seed would take 15 to 30 minutes, and large and hard seed might take 1 day. I suggest you treat the sand also with FT 1: 500 solution. Just mix evenly with sand. By the time you sow in the woods, you need to spray your seed with FT solution again. Afterward, spray with 1:500 solution for every 2-3 weeks.
The price for retail is FOB $13.99/quart, $167.88/case. Please advise me of your address, so I can get freight estimates from FedEx.\"\"

• Page:
Moderators: lattTNhunterjimsanger
Time to create page: 0.079 seconds

Who's Online

We have 966 guests and no members online

Login