2024 Summer/Fall Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Pre-orders accepted for pre-set shipping dates
* Ginseng Rootlets: Pre-orders accepted for fall shipment in October
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Post your experiences, questions and answers about growing wild-simulated ginseng
  • Page:

TOPIC: Wisconsin Field Grown Seeds are Good

Wisconsin Field Grown Seeds are Good 13 years 3 months ago #8567

Guys

I was checking out the post by Bob Beyfuss: Why Woodland Ginseng Plantings Fail. On the link he provided, it had a page about Bob. Check out the plant he grew from WI Cultivated field grown seed.

sites.google.com/site/drbobsginseng/home/about-me

I know their has been alot of hype on what typs of seeds are best. Woods Grown or Field Cultivated. All my planting over the past seven years have been with seeds cultivated in Wisconsin. I hope to get a high price for my roots when I sell them. I bought all my seeds from Hsu's Ginseng in WI and plan on selling my roots to Hsu.

Anyway that is a dandy Root Bob grew.

classicfur

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Wisconsin Field Grown Seeds are Good 13 years 3 months ago #8571

Yep - that is a nice one for sure (looks like some of those Big Mountain plants that Billy collects) and a 5 oz root is sure a bragging sized root. I have never harvested a root that big around here.

Glad to hear something that nice came from field cultivated seed.

Something I always wonder about - how did a huge plant like that make it 17 years and you know it was probably producing berries at least 10 of those years - without having a bunch of smaller seng growing at it's feet.

I could not see any small plants down below it, but suppose there could have been some just out of view on the down hill side.

TNhunter

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Page:
Moderators: lattTNhunterjimsanger
Time to create page: 0.076 seconds

Who's Online

We have 1092 guests and no members online

Login