2024 Summer/Fall Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Pre-orders accepted for pre-set shipping dates
* Ginseng Rootlets: Pre-orders accepted for fall shipment in October
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Post your experiences, questions and answers about growing wild-simulated ginseng
  • Page:

TOPIC: Where do you get your agri gypsum?

Where do you get your agri gypsum? 13 years 1 month ago #8841

I'm finding this difficult to procure here. Any ideas?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Where do you get your agri gypsum? 13 years 1 month ago #8842

Whitjr,

I had trouble locating a good source for Gypsum at first.

I found a couple bags at a nearby Farmers Coop store and they said they had special ordered them for a guy that never came and picked them up.

After I used that up I searched for more and checked Lowes and Home Depo and found that at least one of those carried Gypsum but all they had was 10 pound bags and they were nearly 10.00 per bag which is a lot more than I wanted to pay for it.

I then found a Farmers Coop in another nearby county that had a big pile of 50 lb bags and the price was 6.25 per 50 lb bag.

It was the same stuff I found at the other coop, but was much less costly. I guess since they only had 2 bags that were special ordered the cost was higher.

I am quite happy with the 50 lb bag for 6.25 deal.

If there are any Farmers Coop's in your area you might check them out. May have to check more than one or call several in nearby counties to find one that has it in stock.

You might also check at TSC Stores if you have any in your area. I do but they did not have any gypsum, but said they used to carry it but had just recently stopped.

I also noticed when searching online that Ace Hardware stores have it listed as a product - so you might check there if you have any nearby. I have not checked there, not one located real close to me.

Good Luck

TNhunter

Re:Where do you get your agri gypsum? 13 years 1 month ago #8843

USG makes the Sof'n-Soil product that I am using and they also make a Ben Frankling Gypsum product (several).

Below is a link to a page that shows the Ben Franklin Gypsum products.

www.gypsumsolutions.com/brand.asp?brand=Ben%20Franklin

They also have a link to a list of distributors and there are a couple in NC. Not sure if that is close to you or not.

TNhunter

==

North Carolina

C.A. Perry and Sons, Inc.
4033 Virginia Road

Hobbsville, North Carolina 27946
Phone: (252) 221-4406
Fax: (252) 221-4457

BEN FRANKLIN 420 LANDPLASTER

Pitt-Martin Fertilizer Company
5961 US 264 East

Greenville, North Carolina 27834
Phone: (252) 752-6930
Fax: (252) 757-1160

BEN FRANKLIN 420 LANDPLASTER

Re:Where do you get your agri gypsum? 13 years 1 month ago #8848

I picked some up from Southern States this week. It was $8.99 before tax for a 40lb bag. There was also an earlier thread that discussed several alternative places to get gypsum, especially in large quantities.

Re:Where do you get your agri gypsum? 13 years 1 month ago #8872

Thanks for the suggestions, guys. I will try southern states, as they have several locations around here.

the above link didn't work, sorry.

Re:Where do you get your agri gypsum? 13 years 1 month ago #8890

I found it at Southern States agri supply, for $6.99/ 40 lb bag. It's the granulated stuff, not the powdered form.

• Page:
Moderators: lattTNhunterjimsanger
Time to create page: 0.096 seconds

Who's Online

We have 73 guests and no members online

Login