2024 Summer/Fall Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Pre-orders accepted for pre-set shipping dates
* Ginseng Rootlets: Pre-orders accepted for fall shipment in October
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Post your experiences, questions and answers about growing wild-simulated ginseng
  • Page:

TOPIC: Looking to buy seeds from older wild sim plants and 3 yo wild sim roots

Looking to buy seeds from older wild sim plants and 3 yo wild sim roots 13 years 1 month ago #9218

• Voglerlake
  • Voglerlake's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
I am looking to buy in the early fall. 10+lb seed-500+root.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Looking to buy seeds from older wild sim plants and 3 yo wild sim roots 13 years 1 month ago #9220

Have you visited the Harding Ginseng farm website?
Kit 5c is close to what you want.

www.hardingsginsengfarm.com/ginsengseeds.htm

Good luck,
Latt

Re:Looking to buy seeds from older wild sim plants and 3 yo wild sim roots 13 years 1 month ago #9223

Volgerlake

I don't think there is any difference in the roots grown from Wild simulated seeds compared to Fieldgrown seeds.

Here is Bob Beyfuss with roots grown with seeds from Wisconsin Field grown plants. He got $900 for aprox 1 lb of dried roots grown from Field grown Seeds.

sites.google.com/site/drbobsginseng/home

sites.google.com/site/drbobsginseng/home/about-me

I have Been Buying my seeds for the past seven years from Hsu's Ginseng in Wisconsin. His Price for buying 10 lbs is $680 versus Hardings is about $1200 for 10 lbs.

Just a thought to save some money on seeds, since it appears there is no difference in the end result of field seeds and wild-simulated seeds.

As far as rootlets, it would be better to buy from Hardings or Wildgrown.com

classicfur

Re:Looking to buy seeds from older wild sim plants and 3 yo wild sim roots 13 years 1 month ago #9226

Another po[ption is Glacial Gensing. they sell both roots and seed, lots of options, however I don't see many here posting about their stuff.

Re:Looking to buy seeds from older wild sim plants and 3 yo wild sim roots 13 years 1 month ago #9229

I was looking at that Glacial Ginseng website. That page made me dizzy. They have too much stuff crammed together with not too much order to it.

www.ginseng-seed.com/

He lists spring specials for seeds as follows:

5# of seeds $399.95 = about $80 a pound

10# of seeds $799.95 = about $80 a pound

20# of seeds $1,899.95 = about $95 a pound

50# of seeds $4,499.95 = about $90 a pound

100# of seeds $7,999.95 = about $80 a pound

Most seed suppliers give you a price break for buying more seeds. There must be something that makes his 20# and 50# packages worth more money?

To charge the same per pound price for 100 pounds of seeds as he does for five pounds of seeds is not giving much of a discount.

Just my opinion.

classicfur

Re:Looking to buy seeds from older wild sim plants and 3 yo wild sim roots 13 years 1 month ago #9230

Here's another page from Glacial Ginseng, With completley diffrent prices than his homepage.

www.ginseng-seed.com/GinsengSeedSpecials.htm

5# of seeds $349.95 = about $70 a pound

10# of seeds $749.95 = about $75 a pound

20# of seeds $1699.95 = about $85 a pound

50# of seeds $3999.95 = about $80 a pound

100# of seeds $7999.95 = about $80 a pound

This set of prices shows that buying the 5# packages is the best deal.

Who knows what they actually charge, unless you call them and ask.

classicfur

Re:Looking to buy seeds from older wild sim plants and 3 yo wild sim roots 13 years 1 month ago #9231

Hardings site has the same sh@# going on with the pricing only it is not as bad as glacials. I was showing my wife and we were laughing. Glacials site looks like it was done by an ADD programer on drugs. It gets really confusing when you use the links to read the articles. The articles take you back to older pages that have last years or older pricing. It is a maze and before you know it you are lost lol. Plus they are terrible about returning calls, emails anything. I tried to do business with them but I guess they are not interested. Larry Harding has great communication. I am definatly going to be looking into Hsu's seed this fall.

Re:Looking to buy seeds from older wild sim plants and 3 yo wild sim roots 13 years 1 month ago #9232

I'm thinking the website is homegrown, after several beers. Agreed that it's difficult to discern.

I bought starter kit from him a year ago, and rootlets looked OK at the time, however having rec'd rootlets from Hardings, there's no comparison as to which was better===Hardings.

When you call them, it's not optimal as to customer service either.

• Page:
Moderators: lattTNhunterjimsanger
Time to create page: 0.107 seconds

Who's Online

We have 428 guests and no members online

Login