2024 Summer/Fall Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Pre-orders accepted for pre-set shipping dates
* Ginseng Rootlets: Pre-orders accepted for fall shipment in October
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Post your experiences, questions and answers about growing wild-simulated ginseng
  • Page:

TOPIC: How do you spell "relief?"

How do you spell "relief?" 13 years 1 month ago #9353

I checked my plantings today, just a few hours ago. Just got back from the mountains, weather was very cooperative while we were there, we literally go in inbetween rainstorms that dumped a whole group of water.

However, the sun shone on us while climbing the hillsides, and i9nspected both rootlets beds and seed beds. I was very happy to see seeds sprouting in all beds we planted, and many rootlets up in the 4 rootlets beds we planted.

Photos below. I'm thinking that these \"bolder\" rootlets have just come up in the pst few days.
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:How do you spell "relief?" 13 years 1 month ago #9354

and another one of a seedling:

Sorry, this is the same photo....

see the next one.
Attachments:

Re:How do you spell \"relief?\" 13 years 1 month ago #9355

A seedling, freshly emerged from the leaf mulch.
Attachments:

Re:How do you spell \"relief?\" 13 years 1 month ago #9356

Ok whit now i want you to climb back up that mountain and take a picture of ginseng...the first 2 pics is definately ginseng but not so sure about the last pic, the leaves look very smooth and round to me...not sure.

Re:How do you spell \"relief?\" 13 years 1 month ago #9358

You may know it but that last one there is a decidious tree seedling. My first plantings from last year are about 50% emerged. With all the scratching and bed prepping that goes on with planting ginseng you also make it ideal for other seed as well. I have poplar and hickory seedlings coming up all over the place in my beds at this point. I may be wrong but that one looks like a maple from the best I can tell.

Hillhopper

Re:How do you spell \"relief?\" 13 years 1 month ago #9359

also whit 1 more thing...if the first two pics are from a 3 or 4 year rootlet, then i would say you need another week or so of warm weather before you see much seedlings coming up. It looks like to me that your season is very far behind our season here in tennessee probably by about 3 weeks. most of my ginseng is already up and growing and the forest floor is absolutly covered with plants ferns mayapple most are almost knee high here. I wouldnt stress over it much now that i see how your larger plants are coming up.

Re:How do you spell "relief?" 13 years 1 month ago #9365

Whitjr

Congatrats, on some rootlets emerging!

I would agree with Hillhopper, that the last pic is of a Maple. I get quite a few of those in some of my beds every year along with other kinds of seedlings.

The First Year of Life for a Ginseng Plant :

www.wildgrown.com/index.php/Ginseng-Arti...a-Ginseng-Plant.html

When ginseng seedling emerge they will have three little serrated leaves pointing towards the sky.

classicfur

Re:How do you spell "relief?" 13 years 4 weeks ago #9383

I hadn't considered tree seedlings.

There are lots of those seedlings all over my beds, and not much else coming up. The rootlets are coming up, as is evident in the first two photos. these were supposed to b e 3 yr olds.

KDuce... Where in Tenn are you? My plantings are in Northern NC. Unless you are in southern Tenn, I would think that thingw would be similar.

• Page:
Moderators: lattTNhunterjimsanger
Time to create page: 0.093 seconds

Who's Online

We have 632 guests and no members online

Login