2024 Summer/Fall Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Pre-orders accepted for pre-set shipping dates
* Ginseng Rootlets: Pre-orders accepted for fall shipment in October
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when selling and buying wild ginseng roots.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Price in TN

Price in TN 12 years 8 months ago #12257

Called yesterday and got a price of 380 in Crossville, Tn. I thanked them and said i'll be sitting on mine untill it gos up.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Price in TN 12 years 8 months ago #12265

Mine can set right there in the Rocky boot box ontop of the shelf out of the way until it get's over $600 for me to even consider selling. I know a lot of people are hurting for money right now and I'd like to have some extra cash but, I'm not giving it away. Not including scouting just digging time at that price I would be making $12 an hour albeit it's time well spent in the outdoors but, still. I believe it will get over $600 again this year.

Re:Price in TN 12 years 8 months ago #12266

Actually $380 is not a bad price. Sitting on Ginseng is a gamble. I knew a guy who did so last year and lost out. He was figuring it would top out around $800. Then it dropped like a rock and the dealer quit buying. It doesn't bother him that much as he enjoys being in the woods. Just about 20 years ago $150-$200 was a good price. The economy is not in the best shape. You would be well served to be happy to get what you can when you can. If you are counting the hours in the woods and how much seng you have you will never make real good money. The whole ginseng experience for me is to be in the woods with friends and family just having a great time in nature. If you're looking to make $30 - $40 dollars an hour consistently with ginseng it will never happen. You would be better served going to college and becoming an engineer or something so you can get that on your job and just leave the seng money as a bonus from a great hobby!

• Page:
Moderators: mikeleelatt
Time to create page: 0.084 seconds

Who's Online

We have 208 guests and no members online

Login