2024 Summer/Fall Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Pre-orders accepted for pre-set shipping dates
* Ginseng Rootlets: Pre-orders accepted for fall shipment in October
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when selling and buying wild ginseng roots.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Don't You Just Love the Ginseng Buying Wars????!!!!

Don't You Just Love the Ginseng Buying Wars????!!!! 11 years 7 months ago #20921

Man, if we had as many Ginseng Buyers here in Tennessee that they have in Ohio and Kentucky, we would never get bored! We could just play Dial-A-Dealer every day to see what everyone is paying and keep ourselves amused.:blink: :lol: While most folks stay civil and I don't mean to be critical guys but some of the postings over-top of other's postings are outright mean!:( Y'all wanna see who can spit baccer (pronounced backer) juice the farest?

Frank

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Don't You Just Love the Ginseng Buying Wars????!!!! 11 years 7 months ago #20922

LOL!!! My Grandpa could hit you between the eyes at near 20 feet on the run . :)

Re:Don't You Just Love the Ginseng Buying Wars????!!!! 11 years 7 months ago #20927

• Billy
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
  • Billy Taylor from Bell County Ky
Bahahahahahahahah :P

huntsman53 wrote:

Man, if we had as many Ginseng Buyers here in Tennessee that they have in Ohio and Kentucky, we would never get bored! We could just play Dial-A-Dealer every day to see what everyone is paying and keep ourselves amused.:blink: :lol: While most folks stay civil and I don't mean to be critical guys but some of the postings over-top of other's postings are outright mean!:( Y'all wanna see who can spit baccer (pronounced backer) juice the farest?

Frank

Re:Don't You Just Love the Ginseng Buying Wars????!!!! 11 years 7 months ago #20928

• Billy
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
  • Billy Taylor from Bell County Ky
LoL shomeroot so could my Uncle Charlie they would have spit wars I will never forget him and the old guys sitting around seeing who could spit backer juice the farthest off of the old portch or off o Macies store in Coldirion Ky: when I was a boy back in 74,75 I still have many found memories of them old guys.They also loved to pitch quarters at a line in the dirt.

shomeroot wrote:

LOL!!! My Grandpa could hit you between the eyes at near 20 feet on the run . :)

Re:Don't You Just Love the Ginseng Buying Wars????!!!! 11 years 7 months ago #20932

shomeroot wrote:

Billy wrote:

LoL shomeroot so could my Uncle Charlie they would have spit wars I will never forget him and the old guys sitting around seeing who could spit backer juice the farthest off of the old portch or off o Macies store in Coldirion Ky: when I was a boy back in 74,75 I still have many found memories of them old guys.They also loved to pitch quarters at a line in the dirt.:)

[/quote]

LOL! When I was 16 and 17, me and my friends weren't very good at long range baccer juice spitting, so we would see who could get the most baccer in their' mouths at one time. I held the record with two whole pouches of Redman in my' mouth. Jeeez, you couldn't even spit, so you just leaned over, opened your' mouth and let'er dribble out! Those were the days!

Some day I will have to tell you the story about Rob Branham who chewed Sampson Twist Tobacco and not only swallowed the spit but also swallowed the chew.:ohmy:

Frank

Re:Don't You Just Love the Ginseng Buying Wars????!!!! 11 years 7 months ago #20933

This whole thread is a hoot! LMAO

Re:Don't You Just Love the Ginseng Buying Wars????!!!! 11 years 7 months ago #20956

I hear that huntsman53,
Went coon hunting back in 74 with my Dad and a buddy of his named Don. I asked my Dad if I could have a wad of Don's chew and he said to ask Don. Don gave me a walnut size wad and I thought it was great. 15 minutes later I was puking my guts out. Don didn't tell me ya were supposed to spit. Guess that cured me of chewing for a year or so. Not sure if he did it on purpose or not. Still enjoy a good chew now and then thou.
Latt

Re:Don't You Just Love the Ginseng Buying Wars????!!!! 11 years 7 months ago #20991

Okay, I guess that someday is today!

I worked in construction with Rob Branham or Brannum (not sure about the spelling but neither does most of these Hillbillies around here, LOL) back in (I believe) 1971. Rob was the brother-in-law of my old friend Jess who was also working with us in building retainer walls where the roads had washed out during a devastating Flash Flood event in the areas in and around Gatlinburg. One day while we were mixing mud (cement), Rob says to me and Jess, \"Boys my' stomach hurts me all of the time\"! To which, one of us asked, \"Well Rob, don't you chew Sampson Twist tobacco\"? Rob replies, \"Yep boys\"! To which one of us asked, \"Well Rob, what do you do with that baccer juice cause we never see you spit\"? Rob then says, \"Well boys, I just swallow it\". To which one of us asked, \"Well Rob, what do you do with the chews of tobacco, cause we never see you spit them out\"? And to this, Rob says, \"Well boys, I just swallow'um\". To which, I believe we both stated at about the same time, \"Danged Rob, you ain't supposed to swallow the baccer juice and you ain't supposed to swallow the baccer chews\", \"Ain't nobody ever taut you better than that\"? Rob replies, \"Nope boys\"! To which, me and Jess told Rob, \"Boy, you better be get'n yourself to the Doctor, cause your stomach is probably eat up with cancer\", \"But first, quit swallowing the baccer juice and quit swallowing the baccer chews and maybe your stomach will quit hurting you\"!

You know, I haven't seen old Rob in about 40 years but I heard that he was still going strong and he must be nearing 80 years old! He did quit swallowing the juice and the chews after that conversation. My telling of this story does not do it justice because you really needed to be there to hear it as the conversation was carried on in our' slow southern Hillbilly draw (accent). What normally takes a Puerto Rican 30 seconds to say and a New Yorker 1 minute to say, took us southern hillbillies 5 to 6 minutes to say back then!

Frank

• Page:
Moderators: mikeleelatt
Time to create page: 0.129 seconds

Who's Online

We have 129 guests and no members online

Login