2024 Summer/Fall Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Pre-orders accepted for pre-set shipping dates
* Ginseng Rootlets: Pre-orders accepted for fall shipment in October
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when selling and buying wild ginseng roots.

TOPIC: Ginseng Rumors???

Re:Ginseng Rumors??? 10 years 8 months ago #23469

Frank,

I completely agree with you on those comments.

You comment about your root being valuable to you is I think the crux of the most common problem. Most people are less than objective about their own work or the value of their possessions. I once listened to a man trying to get a loan against his 10 year old truck. One of his selling points was that it had a new paint job a couple years ago. Now, he didn't tell them that he did the paint job himself. With a brush. And he varnished over it. And the varnish was starting to look a little fuzzy. ;)

I do my best to try and educate my diggers as to what I...well, not just what I expect to buy, but what the market is demanding we produce if they want higher end prices for their ginseng.

And, for the reasons I just explained in my response to Maya, we cannot be producing an abundance of smaller or damaged root and expect the buyers and brokers to take it on the chin. And, to bash dealers as being greedy or dishonest when they call you on that stuff is not right.

I'm sure you dig well and are careful to only harvest larger mature roots Frank, but there are so many who still dig everything they come to it just makes me think for this reason alone we need some sort of licensing system which is tied to an educational demonstration of laws and good stewardship. I'm not saying it should have to cost anything but at least those with the mandatory license have no more excuses for digging small 2s and trying to tell me they never dig anything smaller than big 3s.

Unfortunately, that still doesn't help the issue of folks not understanding what the true objective value of their ginseng is worth. That just takes time, an open mind and good attitude.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Ginseng Rumors??? 10 years 8 months ago #23471

Hey Bcastle I think I remember you from a yahoo ginseng group years ago. But I still to this day don't know how anyone even knew that I was a senger to invite me into that group.:unsure:

Re:Ginseng Rumors??? 10 years 8 months ago #23473

LOL your name looked familiar. Yes, there was a ginseng group back then. You will see Guy on here too, you will remember him from that group under a different name.

Re:Ginseng Rumors??? 10 years 8 months ago #23518

Pretty interesting conversation! Good to read this.

Re:Ginseng Rumors??? 10 years 8 months ago #23520

BCastle wrote:

LOL your name looked familiar. Yes, there was a ginseng group back then. You will see Guy on here too, you will remember him from that group under a different name.

These intenets make it a small world for sure. Pretty sure I remember Guy too. Seems there may have been one named Clay also. sooo how much percent does one need to survive? :P :lol:

Good luck to ya.

Moderators: mikeleelatt
Time to create page: 0.079 seconds

Who's Online

We have 343 guests and no members online

Login