2024 Summer/Fall Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Pre-orders accepted for pre-set shipping dates
* Ginseng Rootlets: Pre-orders accepted for fall shipment in October
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when selling and buying wild ginseng roots.

TOPIC: Ginseng Rumors???

Ginseng Rumors??? 10 years 9 months ago #23230

Ok yall it's going around here that the seng is going to start high this year. Which would be good but, the other part of the story is that we will not be able to move seng nxt year!

Anyone?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Ginseng Rumors??? 10 years 9 months ago #23233

Rickyc,

Supply was down last year because of the drought. However, typically in years where prices start strong, they soften when the demand is then filled. Another common occurrence is that the next year's prices are typically off a little after a strong year.

Re:Ginseng Rumors??? 10 years 9 months ago #23234

have seen that happen and dont go by Fur Fish and Game prices they are not up to date they buy ginseng and put big prices up when off season to get you out digging!just saying

Re:Ginseng Rumors??? 10 years 9 months ago #23235

You might be correct that the prices published in any magazine is out of date. After all, prices can change on a daily bases when the market is moving. Its best to call your buyer and keep in touch with him or her.

Re:Ginseng Rumors??? 10 years 9 months ago #23238

So no one has heard anything about problems exporting next year?

Re:Ginseng Rumors??? 10 years 8 months ago #23403

IMHO, with the new Ginseng seasons and harvesting limitations coming down from the U.S. Forestry Divisions, supply should again be down this year and only get worse. Therefore, Ginseng will probably start high and continue to climb as the supply doesn't meet the demand. However, if the Dealers held over a lot of Ginseng from last year, the prices may drop some after a month but will probably come back up once the effects of the NF harvests begin to show on the market.

Frank

Re:Ginseng Rumors??? 10 years 8 months ago #23410

I feel relatively safe in saying there is no holdover. However, as I cautioned before, once the necessary supply is reached, individual buyers/brokers may clamp down hard on the cash flow to average out their overall costs.

It is too early to tell, and no way to know for sure.

Re:Ginseng Rumors??? 10 years 8 months ago #23411

BCastle wrote:

I feel relatively safe in saying there is no holdover. However, as I cautioned before, once the necessary supply is reached, individual buyers/brokers may clamp down hard on the cash flow to average out their overall costs.

It is too early to tell, and no way to know for sure.

It that happens to be the case and considering the new restrictions and rules for harvesting in the National Forests, then I will just clamp down hard on my' hard dug Ginseng and not turn it loose until the buyers/brokers turn loose of more of that cash!
If I am even able to get a permit in the National Forest and in the area where I scouted for Ginseng earlier this year, I will have to get in, dig my' allotted 25 roots and get out all in one day, otherwise I will go broke. It is a little over a 112 mile round trip to this location and back from my' home.

Frank

Re:Ginseng Rumors??? 10 years 8 months ago #23414

Frank, that is the same tired old misnomer we hear and see all the time. It is not the buyers in the country who set the prices. We can't pay more for something than we will get for it and stay in business.

Re:Ginseng Rumors??? 10 years 8 months ago #23415

BCastle wrote:

Frank, that is the same tired old misnomer we hear and see all the time. It is not the buyers in the country who set the prices. We can't pay more for something than we will get for it and stay in business.

I did not really mean it that way! What I should have wrote was \"if the Brokers lower the prices they pay the Dealers for Ginseng, then I will hold onto my' Ginseng until the Brokers start paying more and the Dealers can pay more to us Diggers\". I do understand the way it works!

Frank

Moderators: mikeleelatt
Time to create page: 0.090 seconds

Who's Online

We have 88 guests and no members online

Login