2024 Summer/Fall Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Pre-orders accepted for pre-set shipping dates
* Ginseng Rootlets: Pre-orders accepted for fall shipment in October
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when selling and buying wild ginseng roots.

TOPIC: What Made This Root So Special???

Re:What Made This Root So Special??? 10 years 7 months ago #24822

It may get bottled in SOJU and sold by the drink....great find

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:What Made This Root So Special??? 10 years 7 months ago #24824

very nice rickyc what a root

Re:What Made This Root So Special??? 10 years 7 months ago #24827

K_duce wrote:

It may get bottled in SOJU and sold by the drink....great find

Got some SOJU this year as a gift. It is a tasty drink!

Re:What Made This Root So Special??? 10 years 7 months ago #24849

I would say that it fetched that price because of it's overall size and especially for the total length from the bud to the end of the main water root. I do believe that it would have fetched more if you had hyped up the eBay Listing Description! You don't want to lie but you can talk up the root just like selling anything else on eBay (give weight, width, total length and the circumference of the main roots off the stem) and which is what the Sellers on eBay do that get more for their' items.

I just may have to get a Ginseng Dealer's License next year as it is apparent that I can get 10 to maybe even 20 times or more for my' roots by selling them on eBay than I can anywhere else. For this alone, the $250 License Fee could be worth the cost and if I purchase some exceptional roots, sell them on eBay and get high prices for them, then it is really worth it. It is worth considering and you don't have to be a high volume Dealer to do pretty well!

Frank

Re:What Made This Root So Special??? 10 years 7 months ago #24873

They was 4 bidders, 2 give up on it and the other 2 had it out. The one that did get it entered a crazy amount I'm sure and was not going to lose. Maybe I should have linked it here???

Frank it you don't mind dotting the i's and crossing the t's with the paperwork, go for it man! The government could make a lot of money by monitoring these auctions in fines for seng that is not legal to ship out of state! I don't know if they are watching or not for sure. That's why I go through the process. B)

Good luck
Rick

Re:What Made This Root So Special??? 10 years 7 months ago #24878

rickyc wrote:

They was 4 bidders, 2 give up on it and the other 2 had it out. The one that did get it entered a crazy amount I'm sure and was not going to lose. Maybe I should have linked it here???

Frank it you don't mind dotting the i's and crossing the t's with the paperwork, go for it man! The government could make a lot of money by monitoring these auctions in fines for seng that is not legal to ship out of state! I don't know if they are watching or not for sure. That's why I go through the process. B)

Good luck
Rick

Rick,

Yeah, you got to love those bidding wars! I have sold a lot of stuff on eBay over the years and have seen items go through the roof bid price-wise in the last 2 minutes of an auction. Don't be afraid to pad the Ad I always say! Don't lie or make false statements about an item but talk it up in your' eBay Listing Description as it usually makes a big difference in the final bid price.

Yeah, I have seen a lot if illegal sales of Ginseng on eBay and on Craislist as well! As Bob Beyfuss stated, it seems that the Feds don't really care about these illegal sales since there has been very few prosecutions of the Sellers. However, you can bet that the Feds are just racking up the points in the way of charges on these Sellers and one day they will get a very unwanted knock at their' doors. While they may be primarily concerned with the big time illegal Sellers, I am sure that the Feds are copying and recording every illegal Ginseng sale on eBay and elsewhere and when the Seller gets too over-confident and too big for their' own britches, the hammer will come down on them. That is the reason that I would get a license and have all of my' Ginseng roots certified and recorded before ever putting them up for auction. While the fees for eBay and PayPal can be hard to swallow and is why some folks sell Ginseng roots as a lot, I believe that you can make a lot more money by selling the bigger roots individually!

Frank

Re:What Made This Root So Special??? 10 years 7 months ago #24887

If u don't mind me asking where did u get this kind of money for a man root bc I've dug several man roots this year weighing about an ounce and a half a peice and I was just gunna sell them with the rest of my seng

Re:What Made This Root So Special??? 10 years 7 months ago #24890

This root went to FL :S

Re:What Made This Root So Special??? 10 years 7 months ago #24891

I read the rest the post so u sold it on eBay and u have to have a dealers license to legally be able to sell it on eBay?

Re:What Made This Root So Special??? 10 years 7 months ago #24894

Hey TN ther is a fellow on here that is looking for some large old seng. Probably green only..? Deal would be your own risk.

TN.Ginsenger wrote:

If u don't mind me asking where did u get this kind of money for a man root bc I've dug several man roots this year weighing about an ounce and a half a peice and I was just gunna sell them with the rest of my seng

Moderators: mikeleelatt
Time to create page: 0.094 seconds

Who's Online

We have 76 guests and no members online

Login