2024 Summer/Fall Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Pre-orders accepted for pre-set shipping dates
* Ginseng Rootlets: Pre-orders accepted for fall shipment in October
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when selling and buying wild ginseng roots.

TOPIC: What Made This Root So Special???

Re:What Made This Root So Special??? 10 years 7 months ago #24895

Well I just dug a bunch of old big seng a day ago just laid it out to dry if he was still interested in it

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:What Made This Root So Special??? 10 years 7 months ago #24896

TN.Ginsenger wrote:

I read the rest the post so u sold it on eBay and u have to have a dealers license to legally be able to sell it on eBay?

TN.Ginsenger,

Yes, you have to have a Dealer's License and have the Ginseng roots certified before they can be sold out of state! I may be wrong but I am pretty that is a felony to do so without the Dealer's License and the roots being certified.

Frank

Re:What Made This Root So Special??? 10 years 7 months ago #24898

Read this thread he is in it with his email. Don't get caught selling out of state without following you state laws! Big Fine!! Possible jail too. I have said enough :dry:

Re:What Made This Root So Special??? 10 years 7 months ago #24904

Yea I ain't trying to go to jail or break any laws lol it ain't worth all of that this just a hobby for me I hate letting it go when I sell it lol

Re:What Made This Root So Special??? 10 years 7 months ago #24958

TN.Ginsenger...

In Tennessee a Dealers License cost you 250.00 (ouch - that is quite a bit higher than most States - I think).

Past that, you have to have the seng certified before you can sell it out of state.

Getting it certified does not cost anything, but it would sort of be a pain. For me I would have to drive over to the next county and visit a state park and meet a ranger there to get it done.

I considered doing all of this at one time, but have not yet.

If you were going to sell on Ebay, I think you would be better off either selling fresh roots very early - like Day 1 or the first week of the digging season.

Or possibly storing fresh roots that you harvested in a bed in the woods, or flower bed at your house, and then waiting until late December when all of the fresh root is gone from Ebay and selling them then. In TN Dec 31 is the last legal day of harvest season so legally you should be able to sell fresh root that late if you want.

Offering them on Ebay when everyone else is would be a bit risky. Might do good, or might flop.

You know that old supply and demand thing.

Good Luck !

TNhunter

Re:What Made This Root So Special??? 10 years 7 months ago #24961

That's a good idea if u was gunna sell ur roots fresh I'd probably never thought about putting them in a bed and waiting till December your pretty smart old feller TNHunter. I'll probably do that I ever decide to sell them like that

Re:What Made This Root So Special??? 10 years 7 months ago #24962

rickyc,
I'm all pumped up! After reading about your find this week, today turned out to be a similar situation for me. I found my first Man Root ever and it was a pretty good sized root as well. It's a little smaller than yours overall, but it has all of those long appendages like your's has. It was so muddy when I dug it that I could not even tell it was a Man Root until I got it home and cleaned it up. That is unusual that 3 of us have come up with Man Roots this close together. Keep finding them guys.
Hugh

Re:What Made This Root So Special??? 10 years 7 months ago #24963

I don't know if mine was a man root or not, but I knew it was a special one. Offered it to my buyers and best offer was 100. Nope not this one...

Lets see it Hugh!!!

Re:What Made This Root So Special??? 10 years 7 months ago #24967

rickyc,
I made pictures of it after I dug the root but it was so muddy that you'll have to use your imagination to see all the parts. The long appendages were curled somewhat and after I cleaned it up I laid it on a drying rack with a few weights to straighten everything out. This plant had a large top to it and all the pictures of it are in the report. This has been a whiz bang day for me. I ran into a poacher as I was walking to where I wanted to dig and we had it out. I took a picture of him but I want to talk with TWRA before I show anything.
Hugh

www.smokymountainflyguide.com/Choosing%2...20grow%20ginseng.htm

Re:What Made This Root So Special??? 10 years 7 months ago #24969

Hugh..

Here is a pic if my little skinny arm-leg man root that I found last year. I did not even notice when I first dug it that it was a man root. Noticed that when I was washing that days harvest later on.

I put it down on a piece of cardboard and used pins to make the arms and legs lay like I wanted them to for drying. I did not put them thru the root, but just beside it to guide it as I wanted.

Turned out pretty good. After it dried it remained like that. I did not sell it, or eat it (yet). Keeping it around to look at now and then.

TNhunter

Attachments:

Moderators: mikeleelatt
Time to create page: 0.106 seconds

Who's Online

We have 856 guests and no members online

Login