2024 Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: Will be offered in Fall
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when selling and buying wild ginseng roots.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Lets get Together

Lets get Together 13 years 6 months ago #5929

Hey guys i know this has been mentioned before, but really guys we all live fairly close to one another and we all dig some really good seng. And i am just tired of giving this seng away to everyone. I don't know ab out you all but especially since i have been on wildgrown i have had several emails and phone calls from people all around the states wanting to know about buying my seng. I think if we all got together and put our seng together and got some big time buyers together i think we could all come out in the end to the good. I mean how much seng do u think all of us on here dig a year. Quite a lot and i believe that some big time Korean or Asian dealers would be glad to make a trip out here and bid or buy our seng. We just need to know how to make the connection or the next step.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Lets get Together 13 years 6 months ago #5934

I would definatly consider it. But I'm gonna give billy first shot.

Re:Lets get Together 13 years 6 months ago #5937

tho i cant say im contributing to the gathering amount, this is an awesome idea. id say first step would be getting online and finding buyers and companies from asia and the like.

Re:Lets get Together 13 years 6 months ago #5950

I would sure consider joining you guys for a gathering type selling. I think back in the old days the trappers got together like that and sold their fur and they called it a rondiview.

I think me and my partner together have close to 8 lbs (once all dry). He has quit hunting now since bow season has started - he loves that bow hunting. I may still get in a few more 3-4 hunts depending on when the seng is too far gone so we could end up with closer to 9 lbs together.

My Brother and his buddy hunt seng together and would probably want me to bring their seng over for selling. I could get with a few other diggers I know around here and might be able to bring 20-25 lbs for selling.

Now our Middle Tennessee seng is not quite the quality as your Mountain seng - we probably have 3x the number roots in a pound as you guys do but we do have a few nice ones in the mix that were around 1.5-2 oz when green.

One problem might be \"WHEN\" to gather and sell.

The price is rising right now and may go on up towards the end of the buy/sell season (which is March 30) here in TN. Not sure about KY or VA.

Another issue to work out would be \"WHERE\" to meet that would be somewhat convienient for all of us.

It is about a 4.5 hour drive for me to Knoxville TN but now we love to go over and visit the Pigeon Forge / Gatlinburg area and it would not take much sweet talking to get my Wife interested in a long weekend trip over there. :-)

They have lots to do there including Dollywood, a nice Aquarium, all kinds of shows and attractions and good eating too, and those sweet Smokey Mountains.

Our Kids are out of School March 21-25 for Spring Break.

That might be an ideal time to sell. If the supply is a bit short (with the early die off this year being reported in many areas) the price could get on up there that last week or so of the buy/sell season.

If we could get several buyers to come and bid on our seng that might work out nicely. In a situation like that the local buyers could be there and have the guys they sell to there as well and perhaps they could work together to give us the best price possible when bidding on the different lots.

Sounds like the main issues to get worked out would be agreeing on When & Where to meet, then getting the Buyers lined up and a bunch of us diggers to bring our seng for selling.

Good Luck with getting all of that going.

TNhunter

Re:Lets get Together 13 years 6 months ago #5992

Guys, I've been thinking a lot on this and believe that if enough of us diggers went and got our dealers lisence we could form our own co-op and stick together and sell together. I'm not 100% sure of all the laws, but I believe that with a dealer lisence I could sell to whomever I pleased. The way it is now, I have to sell to an Ohio lisenced ginseng dealer.

It would take more than just a handfull of us to get the results we're looking for, but I think if we could get 30-40 of us sticking together and having 500 lbs and upward of ginseng we could start to see a better return on all our labor.

I live In Ohio, but would be willing to join in this if enough people were willing.

Re:Lets get Together 13 years 6 months ago #6004

Billy i am willing to do whatever it takes to get this together. I mean what better tool do we have than the internet. I mean they are some big time diggers on here. And all of us on here know a bunch of diggers also that come up with some serious pounds. If we could stick together i believe we could do it. Just getting that connection is the key. I'm like u now that we r dealers ourself at least we are taking the next step. I think we all should at least try to cut out some of the midddle men. I mean i am not trying to undercut you either. I believe by working together all of us we should at least be able to get a better price than usual. I think that all of us on here in the next couple of weeks should just start working on this and just see what we can come up with before all of us sell. And it seems like you are definetly heading in the right step so lets just all stick together and see what happens it can't hurt to try.

Re:Lets get Together 13 years 6 months ago #6080

• Dirty Nails
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Sounds like a good idea to me. I am in East Tennessee about 1 1/2 hr to Knoxville.

Re:Lets get Together 13 years 6 months ago #6089

guys i am working hard on this. Its amazing how this website has helped me. I am right now in the process of working with a Korean on some business deals. To my suprise he was standing in my driveway yesterday when i got home from work. I am suppose to take him tomorrow senging and talk business. His next business partner is in Korea so we have cut out some of the middle men. I do not know yet where this will lead or if it will lead anywhere. But it is a step in the next direction. I also have gotten my license in the past month so that is also a step. I will keep everyone up to date on this.

Re:Lets get Together 13 years 6 months ago #6094

Just ran across the site fellas. I have been trying to get past the middle man for 20yrs. Still no luck. Lot of blood and sweat and we are being under paid! If this could be worked out I would be interested myself. I'm from SW VA and could possibly gather 8Lbs. maybe more if I can get some others to work with me. I have to get my seng certified to carry it out of state. As far as I know if it is certified I can do what I want to do with it.

Re:Lets get Together 13 years 6 months ago #6098

Hi Hillbilly, this sounds like a wonderful idea, just hope its not too good to be true. We have over 10 lbs. dry of old roots 90% over 20 yrs.old some 40-60yrs old. might help to bargin with. Let me know how all goes. They are still digging, but seng around here is dying quick! It would be nice after the aches, pains, poison ivy,snakes, bees, and big black bears someone would give the diggers a break. Instead of someone that just sits back and lets it come to them, just don't seem too fair.LOL

• Page:
Moderators: mikeleelatt
Time to create page: 0.170 seconds

Who's Online

We have 193 guests and no members online

Login