2024 Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: Will be offered in Fall
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when selling and buying wild ginseng roots.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Wild simulated ginseng

Wild simulated ginseng 13 years 6 months ago #6391

• kman
  • kman's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • looking for 1/2 lb dry wild sang
Does anyone here export wild simulated ginseng in small quantity of 1/4lb or 1/2lb?

Or there's no difference now between wild and wild simulated ginseng...

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Wild simulated ginseng 13 years 6 months ago #6466

• kman
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
Ok...I've found the following:-

Wild-simulated ginseng is sown under natural shade and natural habitat conditions but scattered and not in beds. This category is not recognized by all states, including Tennessee, and is treated as wild ginseng.

www.tennessee.gov/environment/na/tnginseng.shtml#Differences

So officially, there's no differentiation between wild-simulated ginseng and wild ginseng...

Re:Wild simulated ginseng 13 years 6 months ago #6473

In the Fall news letter from Hsu's Ginseng Enterprises, Inc.

Paul Hsu says:

\"Federal officials have been looking into the ratio of the so-called \"real wild\" in what is harvested as wild in the past 3-5 years. Most of the experts (including myself who serve on the American Herbal Product Association Subcommittee on Wild Genseng)and dealers estimated that only 10% - 30% of what is harvested,sold, and exported as wild belongs to \"real/true wild\" (difined as: non-human planted or tended ginseng). This is very Alarming!!!\"

It appears that alot of the roots that are grown as Wild simulated and other cultivated roots are going undetected as such and being sold as wild or dealers are buying Wild simulated and claiming it as being wild.

classicfur

Re:Wild simulated ginseng 13 years 6 months ago #6516

• kman
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
Paul Hsu may be able to differentiate, but I think the average consumer like me is not going to be able to visually differentiate between wild simulated and truly wild grown dry ginseng. I may not even be able to taste the difference. My only vague gauge for measuring good ginseng is the level of kumness...(gan/kum is the chinese word/description for the clean dry/bitter taste of ginseng or other herbs).

Chinese grown American ginseng is unnaturally sweet, while Wisconsin ginseng has a rather distintive fragrance, which is similar for cultivated, wood-grown and wild. But I think Ginseng from other regions will have slightly different levels of kumness/sweetness to it.

Anyway ginseng trade is largely based on trust. Consumers buy such high value roots only from trusted supplier/medical shops.

• Page:
Moderators: mikeleelatt
Time to create page: 0.070 seconds

Who's Online

We have 414 guests and no members online

Login