2024 Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: Will be offered in Fall
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when selling and buying wild ginseng roots.
  • Page:

TOPIC: tn prices

tn prices 13 years 6 months ago #7181

I talked to the dealer out of madisonville yesterday and she quoted me 525 but said it could go higher today or in the next two weeks. It is anyone's guess. She didn't see any signs of decrease but, said not to :dry: hold out to long tho. On another note. There is only one buyer in east TN for black cohosh and blood root. I am getting his number today to find out what he is offering for those. I will keep.everyone informed.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:tn prices 13 years 5 months ago #7330

Hey hunter got that update for Tn. prices yet.

Re:tn prices 13 years 5 months ago #7331

$625 a pound in northern middle TN and southern KY on Nov 2,2010. Naturally, a little higher prices paid if larger quantities are sold.

Re:tn prices 13 years 5 months ago #7334

Hillhopper

Got a pone number or contact for the $625.00 offer?

Thanks

SengNveins

Re:tn prices 13 years 5 months ago #7370

SengNviens,the name and number is
Larry Faith 270-256-6920
He buys out of Glasgow KY but comes to Red Boiling Springs in Macon County TN on Thursdays and Saturdays and sets up b/w 9 and 5 o'clock

Re:tn prices 13 years 5 months ago #7372

Hey Guys,

I have not really been checking on prices but getting ready to again.

I was over at a local garden center a couple weekends ago and the guy there is a seng dealer, and he offered me and my partner 600.00/lb then.

While I was talking to him a chineese buyer called him and offered him 570.00/lb but he told him he had a better offer from anotehr chinese buyer and was currently paying 600.00/lb.

The guy we normally sell to (Glenn Bradey over in Pulaski TN) is usually offering 20-30.00/lb more than this other buyer.

Anyway It looks like our Mid-TN prices are doing as well as those being offered up in Billy's area where they are harvesting that big mountain seng.

I will try to give a few local dealers in counties near to mine a call this week and will report back on prices offered.

TNhunter

Re:tn prices 13 years 5 months ago #7463

I checked with Glenn Bradey over in Pulaski TN yesterday - he was away from home but got thru to his wife and she said he was currently paying in the 630.00 range - depending on quality/quantity.

TNhunter

Re:tn prices 13 years 5 months ago #7464

• Billy
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
  • Billy Taylor from Bell County Ky
Guys if you wouldnt care to get your ginseng certified I would offer you a good price for your ginseng.If you want to talk to me call me at 606 302 1187

Billy.

Re:tn prices 13 years 5 months ago #7465

Billy

What is done to certify ginseng? I have never had it done and would like to know what it involves. I live in Northern middle Tn.

Thanks in advance

SengNveins

Re:tn prices 13 years 5 months ago #7496

• Billy
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
  • Billy Taylor from Bell County Ky
SengNveins wrote:

Billy

What is done to certify ginseng? I have never had it done and would like to know what it involves. I live in Northern middle Tn.

Thanks in advance

SengNveins

SengNveins I am almost sure that Tn is like Ky but tnhunter might be able to tell me if im right about this,but if it is the same.

All you have to do is go to your agriculture department and tell them that you want to certify the ginseng to sell out of state and then they will do that for you they will give you a peace of paper that shows the amount of weight that you have certified and then you can sell it any where in the U.S. alot of states dealers do not buy other states seng and alot of them do.It gives you the option of being mobile and getting a better price for your seng.

Here in Ky we can make a mail in request for the seng certification but soome states require that you come to the office I think that veries,but just call your Department Of Agriculture and they will for sure help you.

Best of luck with your ginseng sells this season.

Billy.

• Page:
Moderators: mikeleelatt
Time to create page: 0.090 seconds

Who's Online

We have 89 guests and no members online

Login