2024 Summer/Fall Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Pre-orders accepted for pre-set shipping dates
* Ginseng Rootlets: Pre-orders accepted for fall shipment in October
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when selling and buying wild ginseng roots.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Possible Drop In Price

Possible Drop In Price 13 years 5 months ago #7763

I just spoke with a dealer today who wouldn't quote a price until tomorrow. He is offloading all that he has bought today due to his buyers saying they were about to lower the price. He went on to say that this came from 2 of 3 of his buyers. He also said one told him they were tired of diggers holding out till the very end and the price was higher than necessary at this point. Im not trying to alarm anyone but just wanted to share this because I would want to know as well. It may only be true for this one dealer and not effect any others.

Hillhopper

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Possible Drop In Price 13 years 5 months ago #7765

This dealer buys from the northern mid Tn and southern KY area also

Re:Possible Drop In Price 13 years 5 months ago #7799

• kman
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • looking for 1/2 lb dry wild sang
Hmmm I find that puzzling...China's economy is sizzling hot. US$ is at all time low...ginseng should be hitting all time high... just like Gold...

Re:Possible Drop In Price 13 years 5 months ago #7874

I sold today for $700. They said prices would begin dropping slowly from here on out.

I kinda hated to see em go to tell ya the truth. That's stupid I know but alot of work and alot of fun went with those roots. Good luck to all still holding.

Re:Possible Drop In Price 13 years 5 months ago #7881

I sold mine earlier this week, and my buyer said he didn't see it going much, if any, over $700. He did admit that he missed badly on pricing earlier in the year. I don't know about other regions, but he said when it hit $500, he had a rush of people come in and sell, but that ended quickly. He speculated that it wouldn't go much higher than $500. He said all of the sudden the ginseng stopped coming in, and when it hit $700, boom it came rolling in again.

• Page:
Moderators: mikeleelatt
Time to create page: 0.071 seconds

Who's Online

We have 304 guests and no members online

Login