2024 Summer/Fall Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Pre-orders accepted for pre-set shipping dates
* Ginseng Rootlets: Pre-orders accepted for fall shipment in October
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when selling and buying wild ginseng roots.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Price here on out?

Price here on out? 13 years 5 months ago #8057

What are you guys feeling on the price for seng this year? has it pretty much peaked and will back off now? or will it spike over 700.00 towards the first of the year? i have been offered 650.00 and i am thinking of selling

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Price here on out? 13 years 5 months ago #8058

My opinion, and you know what they say about those.....I would sell. I've heard in many areas it is already lower than that at this point but who knows about later on. I sold at seven hundred.

Hillhopper

Re:Price here on out? 13 years 5 months ago #8091

Sammysue - - -

I also sold at 700.00 a little while back.

650.00 is sure a good price though.

Hard to say what I would do now if I had not sold yet, but I might consider selling half and keeping half just to see if it does recover and go higher later in the year.

I am glad now we sold at 700.00 but now come December, Jan, Feb, March if it goes to 1000.00+ I might be wishing I had kept some to sell later on.

Never know how that is going to work out.

The guy we have been selling two told me that it normally peaks between Nov 15 & Dec 15, and after Dec 15 or so the Chineese buyers all but stop calling him looking for seng. Interest from buyers sort of falls off after that.

But then last year he said just before the close (March 30 here in TN) he had a few buyers start showing real interest again and he got the highest price for seng in March.

He did say that was out of the ordinary though and not to count on it to happen agian this year.

Good Luck !

TNhunter

• Page:
Moderators: mikeleelatt
Time to create page: 0.062 seconds

Who's Online

We have 33 guests and no members online

Login